If the UFC wants us to take Flyweight seriously they need to hire smaller refs.

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the UFC wants fans to take the Flyweight division seriously they need to hire smaller referees. When you look at the picture of Big John standing between Mighty Mouse and Dodson it's hard to not be amused. It looks like a grown man refereeing a grammar school wrestling match between prepubescent boys. It's not a good look for the legitimacy of the division. If I didn't know anything about the UFC and suddenly turned my TV on at this moment I would be under the impression that the UFC is a fighting organization that has a Children's league.
demetriousjohnson_johndodson.jpg

Another suggestion I would make is getting a smaller cage for the flyweights. The current Octagon is too big for guys like Dodson, Benavidez, and Cejudo etc. When you look at these Flyweights in the normal sized Octagon it looks as if parents decided to find the biggest playpen they could find for their toddlers. Again, not a good look.

smaller crowds too and preferably no one 6ft+ in the front row

I appreciate the effort you put into troll threads. Here is a like.

If the mods want us to take Sherdog seriously they need to ban Macalpinerules.

I did laugh out loud at the title of this thread

I think it's a good idea. If everyone is the same size it will look normal.

If the UFC wants fans to take the Flyweight division seriously they need to hire smaller referees. When you look at the picture of Big John standing between Mighty Mouse and Dodson it's hard to not be amused. It looks like a grown man refereeing a grammar school wrestling match between prepubescent boys. It's not a good look for the legitimacy of the division. If I didn't know anything about the UFC and suddenly turned my TV on at this moment I would be under the impression that the UFC is a fighting organization that has a Children's league.
demetriousjohnson_johndodson.jpg

Another suggestion I would make is getting a smaller cage for the flyweights. The current Octagon is too big for guys like Dodson, Benavidez, and Cejudo etc. When you look at these Flyweights in the normal sized Octagon it looks as if parents decided to find the biggest playpen they could find for their toddlers. Again, not a good look.

they got that one guy, brock, son of gloin

1ae967.gif

Actually this is the best thread on sherdog in a while.

I agree these guys are legit little badass but they look like a grudge match from the Shire. Not saying that just to be mean but watching two small men who are only 5 heads tall instead of 8 like they are supposed to be is awkward.

I think another point for smaller cages for 135 and below is that these guys disappear in the cage. They arent just smaller than Heavyweights, they are legitimately half their size why give them twice the space to move relative to their body mass.

Meanwhile there is this misnomer that they guys are so hard to hit and they are but its amplied by the size of the cage.

So they need to make an adjustable cage for events that is full size for 155 and up and 25% smaller or so for under 155.

This should go for female fights but women are so much slower than men its not as noticeable. Compare the speed for WMMA fighters at 135lbs to the 135lb men and its night and day.

I am of the opinion that we shouldn't take or not take a fighter seriously based on his height. They're all going throught grueling training and fighting their asses off. Plus they all could kill any of these referees. We must appreciate the complexities of what they are doing and appreciate every weight class for what they are. A fight in BW is not the same as a fight in WW. The strategies are different. And a fight in FLW certainly is not the same as in HW. But that's what makes the diversity of this sport. Every weight category is fighting, but in a different way. Every weight category has its place for fight fans.

PS: Yes, I'm short.

Actually this is the best thread on sherdog in a while.

I agree these guys are legit little badass but they look like a grudge match from the Shire. Not saying that just to be mean but watching two small men who are only 5 heads tall instead of 8 like they are supposed to be is awkward.

I think another point for smaller cages for 135 and below is that these guys disappear in the cage. They arent just smaller than Heavyweights, they are legitimately half their size why give them twice the space to move relative to their body mass.

Meanwhile there is this misnomer that they guys are so hard to hit and they are but its amplied by the size of the cage.

So they need to make an adjustable cage for events that is full size for 155 and up and 25% smaller or so for under 155.

This should go for female fights but women are so much slower than men its not as noticeable. Compare the speed for WMMA fighters at 135lbs to the 135lb men and its night and day.

Is your AV a mirror selfie of your back !? HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks man, had a good laugh reading the title.

I think most importantly they need smaller Reebok fighter kits. Are they one size fits all?! Does Dodson and Mir get the same size?!

I don't know cause I don't watch the little ones cause the refs and the octagon ate too big.

Gary Copeland, while a thick as he is tall, don't get no respect. Just look at what Sakara did to him . . .

155gxgj.gif

jesus, was he punished for that? id rather have big country give me a play-tap on the ass than have some piece of shit wipe blood on my clothes, thats worse than spitting

Yes no hating.

Most Sherodggers are too fat to climb the stairs in their Mom's basements lol.

You're like a 50 years old taking mirror selfies of your back to show internet guys that you're not too fat to climb your mom's stairs. Keep it going boy. At least you're healthier than most old fuckers.

Back