If the decision went to Nate?

I actually scored it a draw.

R1 | 10-9 McGregor
R2 | 10-9 McGregor
R3 | 10-9 Diaz
R4 | 10-10 Draw
R5 | 10-9 Diaz

As to what might've happened if McGregor wasn't deemed the winner: he would've had to defend the Featherweight title (late 2016), Nurmagomedov/Alvarez would've fought (late 2016), and Diaz would've probably fought for the Lightweight title (early 2017).
Mcgregor would have died trying to make weight

I actually scored it a draw.

R1 | 10-9 McGregor
R2 | 10-9 McGregor
R3 | 10-9 Diaz
R4 | 10-10 Draw
R5 | 10-9 Diaz

As to what might've happened if McGregor wasn't deemed the winner: he would've had to defend the Featherweight title (late 2016), Nurmagomedov/Alvarez would've fought (late 2016), and Diaz would've probably fought for the Lightweight title (early 2017).
Round 4 a draw?

{<jordan}

Probably, I just don't know off hand.

I broke the 4th round down by the minute (and in some cases by the second):

5:00-4:00 Draw Striking
4:00-3:00 McGregor Striking
3:00-1:50 Diaz Clinch Control/Striking
1:50-1:00 Draw Clinch & Striking
1:00-0:00 Draw Striking

I don't see how it could've been scored for McGregor, it's about as close to a Draw round as you could get.

With rounds 1 and 2 going to McGregor, rounds 3 and 5 going to Diaz, and round 4 being a draw, it's an easy 48-48 Draw.

The last minute of the round was pretty clearly Mcgregor's and that won him the round and the fight. You might want to give it a rewatch if that's how you remember it. That was the most clear part of the round tbh

Fight was easy to score, each round had an obvious winner

McGregor : 1,2,4

Diaz: 3,5

Some of them were close, but they were all clear

The last minute of the round was pretty clearly Mcgregor's and that won him the round and the fight. You might want to give it a rewatch if that's how you remember it. That was the most clear part of the round tbh
I literally rewatched the 4th round when I wrote that post; the striking was fairly even in the last minute, it's hardly a cut and dry decision in favor of McGregor.

Round 4 a draw?

{<jordan}
Probably, I just don't know off hand.

I broke the 4th round down by the minute (and in some cases by the second):

5:00-4:00 Draw Striking
4:00-3:00 McGregor Striking
3:00-1:50 Diaz Clinch Control/Striking
1:50-1:00 Draw Clinch & Striking
1:00-0:00 Draw Striking

I don't see how it could've been scored for McGregor, it's about as close to a Draw round as you could get.

With rounds 1 and 2 going to McGregor, rounds 3 and 5 going to Diaz, and round 4 being a draw, it's an easy 48-48 Draw.
Additionally, the strike differential in that round all took place in 4:00-3:00, which I had already scored in favor of McGregor. It's a draw.

Last edited:
I literally rewatched the 4th round when I wrote that post; the striking was fairly even in the last minute, factor in Diaz' takedown and it's hardly a cut and dry decision in favor of McGregor.

The last minute of the round is VERY clearly dominated by Conor.

Nate misses almost every strike he throws in the last minute of the round and Conor lands several left hands over the top. It's not even a close minute lol

The last minute of the round is VERY clearly dominated by Conor.

Nate misses almost every strike he throws in the last minute of the round and Conor lands several left hands over the top. It's not even a close minute lol
1:00-0:45 | McGregor throws only body punches, but runs away twice.
0:45-0:30 | McGregor and Diaz both land punches to the face.
0:30-0:15 | McGregor and Diaz land one punch a piece to the face.
0:15-0:00 | They both trade a kick, then trade body punches, Diaz throws a head kick at the end and then slips.

4th round and the fight is still a draw in my eyes.

1:00-0:45 | McGregor throws only body punches, but runs away twice.
0:45-0:30 | McGregor and Diaz both land punches to the face.
0:30-0:15 | McGregor and Diaz land one punch a piece to the face.
0:15-0:00 | They both trade a kick, then trade body punches, Diaz throws a head kick at the end and then slips.

4th round and the fight is still a draw in my eyes.

<{cruzshake}>

1:00-45: Conor lands two hooks to the body, Nate ties up and lands a short upper cut, Conor lands two hooks to the head and one to the body. Nate throws to slapping hooks at the head that miss. Conor lands a jab and a left, Nate misses a jab

45-30: Conor lands a 1-2, Nate shakes his head. Conor misses a jab, Nate misses a jab, Conor lands a clean left. Nate lands a jab then misses one.

30-0: Neither guy throws or lands anything until the 15 second mark where Nate throws a slap that misses and Conor lands a leg kick. Nate lands a hook to the body and one to the head. Throws a head kick which is blocked and falls

This is some Adelaide Byrd shit if you're serious. It's a VERY clear minute of MMA

Nate landed nothing of consequence and got hit with two big left hands and a hard leg kick. How fighters look (ie. walking away, looking tired) can not be scored over what they are actually doing (ie. who is actually landing strikes)

Many thought Nate won, just as many thought conor won.

His stock would have gone down and no alverez or floyd fights.

He is1-2 losses away from losing his magic - in term of generating interest. Even now, I don't know many who really give a shit about his upcoming fight (outside of mma fans).

Flash back 2yr ago and he could garner interest without doing work, flash forward 2yrs and his so called boxing skills and punching power have been exposed as hyperbole, he's been outside of the ring (mma) for 2yrs now, refuses to promote.

Talk of another fight with floyd you say? Well outside of braindead morons who would pay for another showcase of floyd's greatness and conor's bum skills?

Conor would have gone back to FW and called out Frankie

1:00-45: Conor lands two hooks to the body, Nate ties up and lands a short upper cut (1), Conor lands two hooks to the head and one to the body. Nate throws to slapping hooks at the head that miss. Conor lands a jab and a left, Nate misses a jab

45-30: Conor lands a 1-2, Nate shakes his head. Conor misses a jab, Nate misses a jab, Conor lands a clean left. Nate lands a jab (2) then misses one.

30-0: Neither guy throws or lands anything until the 15 second mark where Nate throws a slap that misses and Conor lands a leg kick. Nate lands a hook to the body and one to the head (4). Throws a head kick which is blocked and falls

This is some Adelaide Byrd shit if you're serious. It's a VERY clear minute of MMA
According to you, Nate only landed 4 strikes, and you want to call me Adelaide Byrd?

tenor.gif

Lmao Conor was on the bottom defeated at the end of thay fight. Was lucky the fight didnt habe another 30 seconds left.

Scoring fights 101:

Throwing a strike =/= landing a strike
I counted 11 strikes that landed in that last minute, excluding slaps. You're omitting so much that I can't take your post as an objective analysis.

Off topic: after Diaz slipped, McGregor tried to throw an illegal kick at Diaz' face <Lmaoo>.

To me Connor lost that fight the second he full on turned his back and ran away...don’t care what the judges say

he'd have the biggest company that sells triathlon bikes that roll joints while you're driving it

I counted 11 strikes that landed in that last minute, excluding slaps. You're omitting so much that I can't take your post as an objective analysis.

Off topic: after Diaz slipped, McGregor tried to throw an illegal kick at Diaz' face <Lmaoo>.

McGregor landing and getting DQ'd would have been amazing just for the Dana rage

<31>

He would've had to go back to FW and fight Aldo again

What if Lesnar didn't have diverticulitis?
What if BJ didn't fight like a zombie vs Frankie?
What if Condit didn't wreck his knee vs Woodley?

There's enough good fights and current topics to start threads over than stupid hypotheticals.

MMA fans really love living in the past.
And trying to twist reality of past results.
"What if??????"

You don't see this type of thing at this level with other sports. It's really sad.

they would have had him fight Nate again.

Scored the fight a Draw as well.

It was a much better outing for Nuggets but he hasn't beaten Nasty Nate, IMO.

Back