• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

• Total voters
Interesting. I wouldn't put him over Fedor as well. But a win against Jon Jones at 41 years old would make me think twice.

Stipe's resume is already pretty damn impressive. Pulling out a win against someone who is considered by many the GOAT while no longer in your prime speak volumes.

I thought about it twice myself, but couldn't quite put him over Fedor. I think though the fight has to happen and see how it goes. Sometimes you see the significance of a win more clearly after it happens. I am not gonna close the door on this yet, Stipe overtaking Fedor.

Hes the Goat HW regardless. Unless Jones goes on a crazy run Stipe is #1.

Struve was 35 fights into his career while Miocic was still essentially green. The better more experience fighter won that night, remember this quote.

The one way street again with Fedor nuthuggers, it’s always Fedor this, Fedor that the sad cope of excuses. Dan Henderson was 14 years into his MMA career had 1 more fight more than Fedor. Only reason you say Fedor was on the decline is cause he was fighting actual top competition hence why he started losing, he lost to better fighter that night that took advantage of a overzealous Fedor.

Fedor definitely was bigger when he was fighting in PrideFC, and he is definitely bigger than Shogun on fight night. Wanderlei was just a roided freak & he was bigger than Henderson both fights. Henderson is a MW he walks around at 200lbs, he was 199lbs against Cormier and Fedor(223)had 16lbs on Henderson (207) when they fought.

No one is painting Fedor to be the size of Ngannou, but Fedor definitely was the bigger man when he fought Henderson.

Lol @ Stipe being "green" at 30 years old with 11 fights being the reason for why he lost to a jobber like Struve. I think you been drinking too much hotdog water from Costco again.

Shogun and Wand were also bigger than Hendo when he knocked them out but I didn't see anyone disparaging them for it. Only shertard Fedor haters who need to over exagerate all his losses to make it seem like he wasn't a special fighter. Typical Walmart peasant behavior on this forum.

The reason why I say Fedor was on the decline was because he lost 2 in a row coming into the Hendo fight after being undefeated for a decade. Anyone who isn't a Costco hotdog water drinker can make that observation.

Fedor was still good but easily 5-6 years past his best days while Hendo had just knocked out Babalu who had just beaten Lawler, knocked out Feijao who had just knocked out Romero and King Mo and knocked out Fedor and went to the UFC to beat the shit out of Shogun and get a title shot.

That's a peaking and surging, confident fighter juiced up on TRT who caught Fedor on the decline. Not to mention Hendo being an all time great and one of the hardest hitters ever. Only a moron would disparage someone for losing to him but excuse someone for losing to a jobber like Stephan Struve lol

Beating a former p4p light heavyweight that has only fought at heavyweight once, been caught cheating with PEDs, and looked out if his prime several fights ago (Silva, Reyes) doesn’t add much onto Stipe’s legacy imo. If Jones had moved up as Stipe was finishing the DC trilogy it would mean more. Avenging that loss to Ngannou would mean a lot more than beating the current version of Jones.

I thought about it twice myself, but couldn't quite put him over Fedor. I think though the fight has to happen and see how it goes. Sometimes you see the significance of a win more clearly after it happens. I am not gonna close the door on this yet, Stipe overtaking Fedor.
I believe this fight is at least 5 years too late IMO. Because no matter how out of prime Jones might be, Stipe is even further away from his.

I believe this fight is at least 5 years too late IMO. Because no matter how out of prime Jones might be, Stipe is even further away from his.

The thing about this fight though, on paper it is still a very high level fight and the win for either guy will be recognized as a big win. The whole prime thing here is just a speculation more than anything. We both know their best years may be behind them, put from a promotional and performance stand point, they really aren't quite yet. I mean Jones just beat Gane who is among the best HW's right now in his prime. And Stipe has only lost once to Francis and is still ranked #3.

What I am trying to say is that from their fights, not much has shown they are out of their prime. We're just assuming based on age. It's not a fight like Ferguson vs Diaz

At the age of 30 years old Stipe was TKO'd by Stefan Struve with a record of 9-1.
At the age of 30 years old Fedor had a record of 28–1, with his sole loss coming from a cut between rounds.

... even today, Fedor has a better win percentage than Stipe does career wise.

Stipe is 20–4 (83.3% win percentage)
Feodr is 40–7 (85.1% win percentage)

Going after Fedor's losses is absurd when Stipe has more losses than Fedor does based on the number of the fights they've had. That's not an opinion, that's just math.
That’s because stipe has fought far and away better competition on average and there isn’t even an argument to it being close

The thing about this fight though, on paper it is still a very high level fight and the win for either guy will be recognized as a big win. The whole prime thing here is just a speculation more than anything. We both know their best years may be behind them, put from a promotional and performance stand point, they really aren't quite yet. I mean Jones just beat Gane who is among the best HW's right now in his prime. And Stipe has only lost once to Francis and is still ranked #3.

What I am trying to say is that from their fights, not much has shown they are out of their prime. We're just assuming based on age. It's not a fight like Ferguson vs Diaz

While I do agree that Jones looked phenomenal, I think it's safe to assume that they aren't in their primes anymore. Specially Stipe. Miocic has gone through brutal fights with JDS, Overeem, a trilogy with DC and two fights with Ngannou. He's also 41 years old and will probably be 42 when they fight. Aside from the Reyes and first Gustaffson fight, Jon Jones really hasn't been in wars like Stipe has. He also hasn't been knocked out. I think it's safe to assume that Jones will be the "Fresher" fighter of the two.

And as more time passes on, the safer it is to assume that Stipe will not be in his best shape. The reason why I think the fight is 5 years too late is that: If Jones beats Stipe, he beat a 41 year old Miocic.

That’s because stipe has fought far and away better competition on average and there isn’t even an argument to it being close
Most of the guys stipe fought were guys from Fedors era who stayed around well past their bets before date.

Most of the guys stipe fought were guys from Fedors era who stayed around well past their bets before date.
I don’t see anything thing in this post that contradicts mind

‘Most’ isn’t true either but yeah, what I said stands. Stipe’s strength of schedule is way way way tougher.

I don’t see anything thing in this post that contradicts mind

‘Most’ isn’t true either but yeah, what I said stands. Stipe’s strength of schedule is way way way tougher.
Let me simplify it for you in that case, Stipes strength of schedule: only ever has wins over out of prime or not in prime yet guys and geriatric relics from Fedors era.

Let me simplify it for you in that case, Stipes strength of schedule: only ever has wins over out of prime or not in prime yet guys and geriatric relics from Fedors era.
Again, youre not even addressing what I said so idk what you expect in return. Stipe had way harder fights on average. Pretty simple.

Reactions: Kb7
if there was a HW tournament
the version of fighters that stipe fought would dominate the pride fighters that fedor fought
i dont think fedor can survive against the competition that stipe had

You would take the chinny versions of JDS and Overeem over prime Nog and Cro Cop? We saw a shot version of Cro Cop look decent against prime JDS and Overeem lost to Lil Nog, the less accomplished brother.

While I do agree that Jones looked phenomenal, I think it's safe to assume that they aren't in their primes anymore. Specially Stipe. Miocic has gone through brutal fights with JDS, Overeem, a trilogy with DC and two fights with Ngannou. He's also 41 years old and will probably be 42 when they fight. Aside from the Reyes and first Gustaffson fight, Jon Jones really hasn't been in wars like Stipe has. He also hasn't been knocked out. I think it's safe to assume that Jones will be the "Fresher" fighter of the two.

And as more time passes on, the safer it is to assume that Stipe will not be in his best shape. The reason why I think the fight is 5 years too late is that: If Jones beats Stipe, he beat a 41 year old Miocic.

I don't think they are in their primes anymore either, but with their recent records and such I guess it would be easy to spin the narrative that either guy winning is still a top level win.

I think for the most part, people think Jones will walk through Stipe and dominate him. I personally think that Stipe will look better than expected while Jones wont look as good as expected. While I think it will be a good fight, I think it will go 5 rounds and be competitive, but will show both guys best years are behind em. Which will pretty much prove our perspective that both guys are passed it.

Again, youre not even addressing what I said so idk what you expect in return. Stipe had way harder fights on average. Pretty simple.
How can he have harder fights if those guys were all around in Fedors era and none of them were at Fedors level?
Only a complete fan boy would say Stipe has a good record when in fact stipes record is based off wins over pretty much geriatrics only and that too in one of the weakest HW eras ever.

back on topic: if stipe does beat Jones, he’s the clear ufc hw GOAT, top 3-5(I can see him anywhere from 1 to 5) all time in HW and in various other prestigious short lists. But more than that it will prove stipe was better than Jones all along and it will be comical if Jones (who ducked stipe throughout stipes youth) gets finished when he finally felt he might have caught stipe old and damaged enough to beat.

Jones thinks he timed this well, the fans seem to agree cause stipes inactive and was last seen getting murdered by Francis but I feel fans are short changing stipe. All that rest and time off time may have helped him recover a bit, get over some injuries and hopefully find enough energy to put Jones away.

How can he have harder fights if those guys were all around in Fedors era and none of them were at Fedors level?
Only a complete fan boy would say Stipe has a good record when in fact stipes record is based off wins over pretty much geriatrics only and that too in one of the weakest HW eras ever.

back on topic: if stipe does beat Jones, he’s the clear ufc hw GOAT, top 3-5(I can see him anywhere from 1 to 5) all time in HW and in various other prestigious short lists. But more than that it will prove stipe was better than Jones all along and it will be comical if Jones (who ducked stipe throughout stipes youth) gets finished when he finally felt he might have caught stipe old and damaged enough to beat.

Jones thinks he timed this well, the fans seem to agree cause stipes inactive and was last seen getting murdered by Francis but I feel fans are short changing stipe. All that rest and time off time may have helped him recover a bit, get over some injuries and hopefully find enough energy to put Jones away.

{<redford}

Back