If Shogun looks good against Craig

Bit of a harsh sentiment in here imo, Shogun is no BJ Penn. If he wins this, he'll have won 5 of 6 (all, of course, UFC fights) with his only loss being against Anthony Smith, top contender in the division.

I know he is getting old, but if they keep matching him up well (0% chance he gets kod in this fight) and he keeps winning? Let this beautiful motherfucker continue to bang!
Yourself are making the perfect counter argument.
He still have just enough to get until contender levels and then,size (he is not a big LHW for today standards),youthfulness(in fighting years)and a tired up body gets the best of him.
He can’t hang at the top anymore.

Yourself are making the perfect counter argument.
He still have just enough to get until contender levels and then,size (he is not a big LHW for today standards),youthfulness(in fighting years)and a tired up body gets the best of him.
He can’t hang at the top anymore.

Of course he can't, I would wager he knows that too, Shogun is a smart man.

But if he still wants to fight, and the UFC continues to give him the Paul Craig's and Tyson Pedro's of the world, why shouldn't he keep going?

Lots of fans like me still enjoy watching him. Unless he starts losing consistently he should be given the chance to go out however and whenever he wants.

No man, i give Shogun a better chance than i give Corey on a rematch.
His experience and ground game could do it.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Shogun has bad knees now, not sure how much grappling he would be able to handle. I can't see him shooting TD's.

Hell, I'd watch the fight, but think Shogun should get/take lower risk matchup at this stage.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Shogun has bad knees now, not sure how much grappling he would be able to handle. I can't see him shooting TD's.

Hell, I'd watch the fight, but think Shogun should get/take lower risk matchup at this stage.

Walker would be the favorite, but if Shogun won nobody would wake up Sunday morning wondering wtf

Would any of you be interested in Shogun v. Walker?

Who wins
NOOOOOOO

Let Shogun live! Also I don't Walker getting derailed further. I'd be down for Shogun b.s.. Gus actually since Gus plans to return. High chance of Shogun dying, but a win avenges a loss + gets him close to a TS.

That or a OSP rematch.

bad knees... sure, if he is impeded because of his knees... well he shouldn't fight if he is in any way impeded and feels so.
However, i don't want to see living legend Shogun getting hurt.
Yes i give him a chance against Johnny but i would prefer if he calls it.

Shogun should not fight top 10 fighters.

Then I should rephrase: Shogun should not fight top 15 fighter. Walker would kill him.

Walker just got zapped out by an awkward striking wrestler. He's not a world beater cmon now

NOOOOOOO

Let Shogun live! Also I don't Walker getting derailed further. I'd be down for Shogun b.s.. Gus actually since Gus plans to return. High chance of Shogun dying, but a win avenges a loss + gets him close to a TS.

That or a OSP rematch.

Gus v. Walker sounds good actually

I'm a big fan but as of lately, if he looks good in a fight it's only a fluke.

Walker just got zapped out by an awkward striking wrestler. He's not a world beater cmon now

Walker is awkward KO machine with bad chin. His fights will always be exciting.

Before his last fight lots of people on here were talking him up as the man to finish Jones. So yeah, this place isn't known for its rational thought lol.

The fight game turns on you quick. A lot of hindsight fortune tellers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back