If Rumble vs Jones stays on the feet...

Rumble has better hands than Jones, by far.

But Jones has a shitload more weapons overall - spinning elbows, knees, kicks.

Rumble has better, more effective and dangerous kicks. Jones would only have an edge with elbows and in the clinch, imo.

Only striking, Rumble wins just about every time. Rumble can finish Jones standing. The only KO strike Jones has is the spinning back elbow, but I don't think too many people are falling for that one anymore. It may be possible for Jones to point strike a decision, but that is a dangerous game.

What really is going to happen is Jones will wear down AJ and then land that double leg against the fence and then its elbow city.

Jones has a pretty good shot on the feet (as opposed to as being a shoe-in in the grappling department).

Rumble usually paws his opponents face with his lead hand before he follows it up with his fight-ending right.

How is he going to come even close to connecting with Jon Jokes given the reach disadvantage?

Against Gustafsson he was sharp enough to counter the Swede as he was throwing a mid-kick.

I think his best chance would be timing one of Jones's savate kicks.

This match is intriguing. Jones isn't much of a power puncher, so I could see Rumble walking right through his punches to land one. Remember, with Johnson it only takes one. Still, I think Jones plays smart, stays away in exchanges and uses his wrestling. Jones TKO (ref-stoppage) Round 3. Still, a Rumble knockout wouldn't come as that much of a shock to me.

What Rumble fights have you watched where TDs against him lead to nothing?

He's a turtle off of his back.

Sure, but he has worked his ground game a lot lately and I think it showed a bit against Manuwa. Also, the takedown might happen just before the end of the round etc. There are many different scenarios Jones vs Rumble fight ends up staying (mainly) on the feet, so just play along.

Jones has the edge in the eye-poke department, which means Jones by RNC 3rd round.

Rumble has better, more effective and dangerous kicks. Jones would only have an edge with elbows and in the clinch, imo.

Rumble has a decent left head kick and a solid outside leg kick. That's about it. They're less effective for him as he's gone up in weight for that matter.

Throw in Jones low kick catching ability and that would affect Rumble's kicking game even more on paper. Not to put him down ftr, he uses them well in helping him cut off opponents.

I want to see this fight so bad lol Johnson is the one guy that can one punch him

Rumble vs Jones is kinda like Conor vs RDA.

Rumble would have a real chance in the first round or two, to connect with a big shot and possibly end the fight.... I'd say about 50/50.

But if Jones can make it past the second I think he slowly dismantles Rumble, and probably finishes him on the ground.

Rumble is dangerous, but i'd say Jones would be the clear favorite.

Jones would still chew him up and spit him out. Rumble has a punchers chance here, Jon is a better striker everywhere and that includes boxing.

Jones is hittable and Rumble has a habit of hitting people so I'd say Rumble.

Plus Rumble's strike defense is one of the things that people fail to take into consideration. He's pretty good at not taking damage.

Jones likely does to Rumble what he did to Glover.

If Rumble/Jones stays standing, Rumble will be blind within 1 1/2 rounds, the fight will continue, and no points will be taken.

Based on their both fights against Cormier and Gustafsson, I really dont get how anyone could see Jones as the favourite against Rumble in a fight which stays on the feet. Rumble crushed Gustafsson inside 1 round and dominated pretty much every exchange against Cormier on the feet. Compare that how Jones looked against the same fighters and imo its obvious Rumble would likely dominate Jones aswell.

i agree. people dont give rumble his credit in that dc fight. He lit dc up with kicks and punches every chance he could.

Johny Bones via anything he wants.

Back