If Rumble vs Jones stays on the feet...

Rumble would eventually blast him. Jones knows the clinch is his world. He's going to stick to it.

What people don't bring up in the DC fight a few of those uppercuts had Jones rocked you can see while they were clinched Jones whole body stiffened up DC obviously didn't realize it.

I don't believe it'd stay on the feet due to the fact Jones knows AJ has insane power in his fists. Jones could last for awhile using his reach but if it stayed on the feet eventually Rumble would connect and drop JBJ

Tough one to call, Jones is not stupid he would take Rumble down and submit him, he knows if there's someone that can beat him it's Rumble on the feet.

If it stays on the feet Rumble will get his knees kicked backwards, and his forearms kicked purple.

Jones keeps his left hand up and punishes Rumble. Mixes up head and body from the other side of the cage. "On the feet" includes dirty boxing and clinching, Jones just has too many weapons.

Jones by keeping rumble on the outside or in the cllinch. he's not gonna get careless with a guy like Rumble.

i think it will stay on the feet.i dont think jones could get him down.
i tnink jon will pick him apart from a distance and be on his bicycle whenever things get wild.
i think he will push johnson against the cage and dirty boxing him also.
rumble is always dangerous though and it wouldnt overly surprise me if he caught jones with a huge punch and ko'd him but jones does seem to have a very good chin.

God what nonsense im reading here,when was the last time Jones was holding someone on their back for 1 minute?Much smaller and weaker Chael Sonnen,where was his top game on Gus,Glover and DC?What makes you think he can keep Rumble down?DC fight?LOL get real,totally different wrestlers so thats out of the window.Not to mention Rumble is working a lot on his ground game since that loss to Cormier and would work harder for Jones fight.But this is striking topic so i will end on that one,Jones would get hit,Rumble is a guy that will find your chin sooner or latter no matter who you are.Jones can get it into clinch and do hiw work with elbows and wear on him,but at distance is a very risky game for him.Rumble could TKO him.

Jones stays outside until he can clinch, push him against the fence and bust him up with elbows, etc. Rumble won't get a chance to throw, clean shots. Jones will make it look easy.

Back