If Rousey wins, decides to retire....

IF Rousey wins, decides to retire....... which is well in the realm of possibility.
Only thing that I see preventing her from retiring is a rematch with Holly Holm. Moving up to 145 for Cyborg?

Ronda would retire so she didn't have to fight Holly again or Cyborg. No way she wants to fight Holly, ever again.

This. People don't realize how quickly you burn through cash when every meal is at a restaurant and you can buy whatever you want.

I had a friend eat out every meal including breakfast for years. He wasted a lot of money, but meals are maybe 25k a year eating pretty much anything you want, not all that much with a good income, but certainly a waste of money for most people. But a lot better than the nose candy or something, I knew a guy that spent 500k on that in a couple years and lost his business and family, not even sure how that is possible. Gambling might be the easiest way to go broke though.

Ronda would retire so she didn't have to fight Holly again or Cyborg. No way she wants to fight Holly, ever again.
idk Holly lost twice since so she may have the feeling it was a fluke and she had a bad night. Only she knows

I said before, if she wins, she retires.

then they shut own 135

move all the girls to either 145 or a new 125 division

cos right now theyve created a 145 division with 3 fighters, and ones about to get banned

Little does she realize, it's the media that even made her a star to begin with.

That's a ridiculous notion. Ronda previously worked the media extremely hard, showing she knows very well how important the media is. But she also knows she needs to be a winner to get the kind of media coverage she wants. Winning is the first priority.

They've had real title fights on Fox before. Cerrone vs Dos Anjos being the most recent.

I said before, if she wins, she retires.

then they shut own 135

move all the girls to either 145 or a new 125 division

cos right now theyve created a 145 division with 3 fighters, and ones about to get banned
Just 6 months to a year though. I really don't think she was attempting to hide anything. If the prescription excuse is BS, the most likely reason she was taking that was to try to reverse some of the virilizing effects of PED use in the past. Her biggest obstacle to becoming a crossover star is that she looks really dudeish.

I wouldn't be surprised. And I don't think there's any way she'll ever fight cyborg now if there truly is a drug test violation

I had a friend eat out every meal including breakfast for years. He wasted a lot of money, but meals are maybe 25k a year eating pretty much anything you want, not all that much with a good income, but certainly a waste of money for most people. But a lot better than the nose candy or something, I knew a guy that spent 500k on that in a couple years and lost his business and family, not even sure how that is possible. Gambling might be the easiest way to go broke though.

Sure, but Ronda strikes me as the kind of person that would have a crowd of hangers on mooching off her. Think Iron Mike Tyson. I could easily see her paying for her Horsewomen friends, Edmundo's Armenian Gym Mafia, etc.. Plus, people with poor social skills also like to spend money online because it doesn't require them to leave the house.

She doesn't even have to be broke to be worried about her money. She is loaded and could party on her money for several years easily, but she may be looking decades down the road. Several million bucks really isn't enough to last into her 50's, 60's, 70's.

She'd be fighting Holly now, if Holly had managed to keep the bantamweight belt. It's not Ronda's doing that she isn't fighting Holly.

She did not make s sound about coming back until Holly lost the belt, then right away Ronda was back to talking tough saying she was coming for her belt. If Holly didn't lose Ronda would have been less likely to come back.

She did not make s sound about coming back until Holly lost the belt, then right away Ronda was back to talking tough saying she was coming for her belt. If Holly didn't lose Ronda would have been less likely to come back.

Event A occurring at a prior time to event B, is a very weak argument for event A causing event B. There is no strong evidence that Ronda wouldn't want to come back if Holly still had the belt.

I see her retiring on a win or loss. She is set financially and has accomplished more than any other women in the sport.

If she loses, she'll retire. But if she wins, she'll fight the winner of Holly/GdR for that 145 strap to replicate Conor's achievement. If it's Holly, it will probably smash the PPV record.

...and then she'll retire.

Ronda beats the winner of Pena vs. Shevchenko

If she retires, she'll pull a Ray Leonard and train under the radar and then "comeback" against whoever is the 145 champ in a couple of years.

Its nerve racking that Nunes IS the WBW champion, and she's getting 0 promotion in the wake of UFC 207. It's all been about "She's Back!!", "Rouseys Return!!!". I mean, I get it. She's your star. But I don't think it's a good idea to have promos SO scewed towards Rousey, as if it's a foregone conclusion that she will win.

And that's why I want Nunes to win this fight.
agreed 100%

Nunes would have a loss. Why would she deserve a title fight? Holly didnt get no rematch among many others....besides Raquel Pennington is next in line for a shot if Nunes loses to face winner of Shevchenko/Pena...That is how I would do it.

Nunes loses to Rousey its back to fighting another loss fighter.
Hendricks lost to GSP and then fought for the title against Lawler.

I feel like if Nunes loses to Ronda and then Ronda retires, it'd feel wrong to push Nunes to the back of the line even though she didn't lose to a current fighter (since Ronda would be gone). Especially since Shevchenko has a recent loss to Nunes, it would seem weird to me for Shevchenko to potentially skip Nunes who beat her and win a title without beating "the woman". Even though the real "the woman" in Ronda would be gone, it would feel more legitimate for a new champ to have to beat the last champ before her to win it rather than just crowning a new champ in a fight between two fighters who haven't fought for the title before.

Yeah I didn't care about this fight but after seeing a couple of Amanda's interviews lately she seems like a good person who is content with staying out of the limelight for the moment. That being said, R3 is a stuck up diva and it's obvious she has Dana tied around her little finger. I'm hoping now Amanda can put her lights out, but if not, someone else does next.

Back