If Rousey wins, decides to retire....

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
IF Rousey wins, decides to retire....... which is well in the realm of possibility.
Only thing that I see preventing her from retiring is a rematch with Holly Holm. Moving up to 145 for Cyborg?

I THINK Julianna Pena vs Valentina Shevchenko then becomes a title fight for an abandoned BW strap. Right?

Only problem is the fight is already set to headline UFC on FOX 23. Most of us see how the "NEW" UFC loves issuing interim belts left and right to intrigue the casuals (whether it makes sense or not).
But they want the legit REAL title contested on PPV's Correct? After all Cerrone vs Masvidal could headline UFC on FOX 23 with no problem.

Julianna Pena vs Valentina Shevchenko for the belt if Ronda retires? Discuss, agree, disagree?

------------------------
Also Raquel Pennington has beaten the recent BW champion (Tate) so she is in the mix as well. They have her set rank #5 which I think should be higher at this point.

Probably retires if she would lose and fights for the 145 belt if she would win.

Cyborg is out of the question for obvious reasons.

If Ronda retires, it's gonna be a great day for sherdog :)

Sure about that?

She'll be back. When the money stops flowing she will have no choice. Her stock with the national media will never be what it was pre-holm fight. Movie career is already dead

I'm hoping she gets brutally knocked out...again.
This no media obligation just gives me even more of a reason to not like her.

She won't retire on a win. It'll just confirm in her mind that the media is what cost her the fight against Holly and she'll avoid them in the future. She always has to be victim in everything. Little does she realize, it's the media that even made her a star to begin with.

We will never see her in the cage again if she loses..EVER!

Its nerve racking that Nunes IS the WBW champion, and she's getting 0 promotion in the wake of UFC 207. It's all been about "She's Back!!", "Rouseys Return!!!". I mean, I get it. She's your star. But I don't think it's a good idea to have promos SO scewed towards Rousey, as if it's a foregone conclusion that she will win.

And that's why I want Nunes to win this fight.

LOL, I get that we're all bored on Xmas, but let's just see what happens on Friday.

Why not have the winner of Pena/Shev fight Nunes for the belt? If she loses to Ronda it's not like she lost to one of them.

She'll be back. When the money stops flowing she will have no choice. Her stock with the national media will never be what it was pre-holm fight. Movie career is already dead

This. People don't realize how quickly you burn through cash when every meal is at a restaurant and you can buy whatever you want.

I'm hoping she gets brutally knocked out...again.
This no media obligation just gives me even more of a reason to not like her.
you and I both. I bet my 2017 Jeep Wrangler on it with some kid she gets finished just like Tate. Mack truck punch to the nose. lots of blood, Ronda cant recover, has flashbacks by then its stopped by the ref.

Why not have the winner of Pena/Shev fight Nunes for the belt? If she loses to Ronda it's not like she lost to one of them.
Nunes would have a loss. Why would she deserve a title fight? Holly didnt get no rematch among many others....besides Raquel Pennington is next in line for a shot if Nunes loses to face winner of Shevchenko/Pena...That is how I would do it.

Nunes loses to Rousey its back to fighting another loss fighter.

LOL, I get that we're all bored on Xmas, but let's just see what happens on Friday.
Then why are you fuckin here on a MMA forum??? lmao...youre obviously bored. If you dont approve of this particular thread there are 1000 others you can go check out.

She won't retire on a win. It'll just confirm in her mind that the media is what cost her the fight against Holly and she'll avoid them in the future. She always has to be victim in everything. Little does she realize, it's the media that even made her a star to begin with.

You're projecting. She hasn't claimed to be a victim.

Its nerve racking that Nunes IS the WBW champion, and she's getting 0 promotion in the wake of UFC 207. It's all been about "She's Back!!", "Rouseys Return!!!". I mean, I get it. She's your star. But I don't think it's a good idea to have promos SO scewed towards Rousey, as if it's a foregone conclusion that she will win.

And that's why I want Nunes to win this fight.
It has nothing to do with who will win. It's about how they can sell the fight. If nunes wins it helps make her the star going forward.

Back