If Ronda comes back should opponent talk trash to "sell" the fight?

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I doubt she will ever fight again but if Ronda comes back should her opponent talk major trash about her in order to "sell" the fight like Ronda and Conor do all the time? There is a lot of stuff that they could talk trash about because apparently anything is fair game according to how Ronda and Conor sell fights.

Should they talk about how Ronda is dating Travis and all that stuff with his wife?
Should they talk about how Ronda spoke about Sandy Hook and her 911 conspiracy?
What about all the issues between her mom and Edmund?
Maybe about how Ronda acted at the weigh ins against Holly?

There are lots of stuff a fighter could talk about in order to sell the fight and make big money doing it since that is all that matters in the UFC. I think everything is fair game nowadays.

They're not as sad as the average sherbro who want to insult her anyway possible, Holly is way too classy for petty shit like that.

They absolutely should, sadly none of them would, or I should say, none of them really have the ability to.

WMMA was around way before Rousey, but had been stuck in the mud despite prettier faces precisely because none of them was willing to step their game up in the promotion department. Remember how Rousey gained her initial momentum? Besides doing what she did inside the cage, the trashed talked everyone and everything outside of it. Challenged Cyborg, and when Cyborg didn't work out she pissed Miesha off to get a title shot etc. None of the other women could generate popcorn like that. Why do you think Holly Holm had been fighting for over a decade and nobody cared until she KTFO Rousey?

They should do it passively...like "She will be a great actress after our fight and wish nothing but the best for her." or some this

I prefer when fighters don't cause drama and focus on fighting, but it just comes natural to some.

They're not as sad as the average sherbro who want to insult her anyway possible, Holly is way too classy for petty shit like that.

I never said for Holly to do it and she is too classy. But others could and it would definitely rattle Ronda some more.

I prefer when fighters don't cause drama and focus on fighting, but it just comes natural to some.

Most people around here love the drama as long as it is their favorite fighter slinging the crap.

I never said for Holly to do it and she is too classy. But others could and it would definitely rattle Ronda some more.
Who is going to beat Holly by the time she comes back? Miesha doesn't stand a chance & that will be the last fight for the title before Ronda returns.

People just want someone to champion the trash talk for them as they cannot reach Ronda.

I doubt she will ever fight again but if Ronda comes back should her opponent talk major trash about her in order to "sell" the fight like Ronda and Conor do all the time? There is a lot of stuff that they could talk trash about because apparently anything is fair game according to how Ronda and Conor sell fights.

Should they talk about how Ronda is dating Travis and all that stuff with his wife?
Should they talk about how Ronda spoke about Sandy Hook and her 911 conspiracy?
What about all the issues between her mom and Edmund?
Maybe about how Ronda acted at the weigh ins against Holly?

There are lots of stuff a fighter could talk about in order to sell the fight and make big money doing it since that is all that matters in the UFC. I think everything is fair game nowadays.
Ronda sells fights on her own. Talk trash if u want to engage in mental warfare

They absolutely should, sadly none of them would, or I should say, none of them really have the ability to.

WMMA was around way before Rousey, but had been stuck in the mud despite prettier faces precisely because none of them was willing to step their game up in the promotion department. Remember how Rousey gained her initial momentum? Besides doing what she did inside the cage, the trashed talked everyone and everything outside of it. Challenged Cyborg, and when Cyborg didn't work out she pissed Miesha off to get a title shot etc. None of the other women could generate popcorn like that. Why do you think Holly Holm had been fighting for over a decade and nobody cared until she KTFO Rousey?

They could easily talk nonsense crap about Ronda because that is exactly what Ronda did. Its not that difficult and it would sell. Ronda is not some other worldly star that you think she is.

People just want someone to champion the trash talk for them as they cannot reach Ronda.

Its all about selling the fight and making big money. Conor and Ronda fans should be all for it. It makes everybody more money and is a win/win deal.

They could easily talk nonsense crap about Ronda because that is exactly what Ronda did. Its not that difficult and it would sell. Ronda is not some other worldly star that you think she is.

No they couldn't, Miesha briefly tried to talk crap and nobody cared. Holm had been fighting in Albuquerque for years, yet her status as hometown hero was only cemented after she KTFO Ronda. Ronda has the ability to capture casual attention like no other woman, that's a fact. Remember, Ronda isn't the only dominant female fighter, there's Mega Megu before her, and there's Cris Cyborg, she's also far from the prettiest, but she dwarfs the rest of them in attention, and became the first transcendent mainstream star in the sport what, 2 years after UFC introduced that division? If she's not a other worldly star in MMA, tell me who else has pulled it off.

Its all about selling the fight and making big money. Conor and Ronda fans should be all for it. It makes everybody more money and is a win/win deal.

If you're fans of those two you're more inclined to like fighters that talk a lot of shit, I just prefer a more stoic approach.
To each their own.

No they couldn't, Miesha briefly tried to talk crap and nobody cared. Holm had been fighting in Albuquerque for years, yet her status as hometown hero was only cemented after she KTFO Ronda. Ronda has the ability to capture casual attention like no other woman, that's a fact. Remember, Ronda isn't the only dominant female fighter, there's Mega Megu before her, and there's Cris Cyborg, she's also far from the prettiest, but she dwarfs the rest of them in attention, and became the first transcendent mainstream star in the sport what, 2 years after UFC introduced that division? If she's not a other worldly star in MMA, tell me who else has pulled it off.

They absolutely could and especially now.

No she doesn't or else she would be fighting herself in the octagon.

Ronda and her hype has been the selling point to most of her fights.
Fighters talking shit about her was mostly inconsequential numbers wise.
Now that she is do disliked it will help boost her opponents profile.

They absolutely could and especially now.

Conor can absolutely destroy Lawler.

Anybody can say anything, that means nothing. Question is, do you have proof? Show me another female MMA fighter that's managed to generate the kind of attention and headlines like Ronda has with their trash talking, and I mean trash talking that doesn't use Ronda's name. You can't, because they don't exist, it's purely your imagination. If Ronda was nothing special, how how come she's the first transcendent mainstream star of the sport?

I wonder how Joe Rogan is gonna try and deceive the sheep this time. Love him or hate him Joe Rogan has alot influence with the casual fan , the hardcores give him a hard time but he is leaps and bounds better than anybody else the UFC has . But seriously, before the Holly devastation, Joe Rogan was sellung Ronda as a once ever athlete , not once in a lifetime but a Once Ever athlete, then three weeks later he says she needs to completely retool her game . Wtf ??? He cant be a hype man and expect everyone to take his MMA analysis serious then , this is where he aggravates me . He needs to make a choice : Promoter or Commentator?

Yes , im aware this is a Ronda discussion , but im sick of bashing her

Back