If Renan Barao wins tomorrow...

He's incredibly underrated because he doesn't speak english and he looks kind of weird.

He's easily the most complete and well rounded fighter of all the active champions with the exception of probably GSP.

Agree with every word u said. Just a little remark tho, he goes for the kill.

He's actually very reactionary and has a penchant for stealing rounds with well timed takedowns, very similar to GSP in that regard.

Now if he managed to finish Uriah Faber... I might be on board. His finishes so far have been the result of overmatched (McDonald), overeager (Picket) opponents making mistakes. His Pre-UFC record while impressive doesn't mean as much especially in the p4p discussion.

He's actually very reactionary and has a penchant for stealing rounds with well timed takedowns, very similar to GSP in that regard.

Now if he managed to finish Uriah Faber... I might be on board. His finishes so far have been the result of overmatched (McDonald), overeager (Picket) opponents making mistakes.

I see your point. I still think theres a slight difference when it comes to that instinct between him and gsp. Something about gsp just rubs me the wrong way. (ppl no need to threaten me ok? just my honest opnion)

5th seems about right dudes a beast, i dont see him losing the title anytime soon

It's crazy for how people think he is above MM, I just hope that MM moves up and destroy Barao. He is way better fighter than Barao.

i hope Wineland KO Barao.

It's crazy for how people think he is above MM, I just hope that MM moves up and destroy Barao. He is way better fighter than Barao.

i hope Wineland KO Barao.

While I respectfully disagree with you, we'll see who is the better fighter tomorrow.

They fact they have names like Cain, Silva, Jones, and even GSP at this point ahead of him is laughable and transparent.

P4P has absolutely NOTHING to do with P4P by UFC standards, and everything to do with marketing.

Barao seems to excel in virtually every area of MMA. He has it all, and is fighting opponents who are also incredibly well rounded, with speed and cardio those above simply don't have to deal with.

He is without question one of the very best P4P fighters in the world.

Yeah I see what you mean, there aren't many bigger fighters with the same skillsets as the smaller guys such as Barao. It's also laughable that any HW is on the p4p rankings. Cain is good, no doubt, but his striking and ground game is not even close to someone like Aldo or Barao.

I see your point. I still think theres a slight difference when it comes to that instinct between him and gsp. Something about gsp just rubs me the wrong way. (ppl no need to threaten me ok? just my honest opnion)

GSP has accomplished more in this sport during his first title run than most fighters will ever dream of. To fully appreciate GSP you have to consider his entire career. He polished off the old guard of the Hughes era in the welterweight division and has yet to show a moment of mortality since the Serra KO, with the exception of Condit's head kick.

The fact is his opponents know exactly what's coming and are still powerless to stop it. To fault GSP for it isn't very fair.

Barao is better than Cruz who beat MM. Yes, I know, MMA math.

Also, as good as Barao is, Aldo seems to be slightly better.

Also, as good as Barao is, Aldo seems to be slightly better.

Aldo has better striking, but Barao has better wrestling, takedowns, and cardio.

Barao is more well rounded, but Aldo is more dangerous.

1 Jones
2 GSP
3 Aldo
4 Weidman
5 Silva
6 Cain
7 Pettis
8 Barao
9 MM
10 JDS

Mighty Mouse and Cain both fight in a division with not much talent IMHO...Cain defended his belt ONCE.Mighty Mouse lost his first fight vs McCall.

I rank Barao #5.besides GSP,Jones,Silva and Aldo.

GSP has accomplished more in this sport during his first title run than most fighters will ever dream of. To fully appreciate GSP you have to consider his entire career. He polished off the old guard of the Hughes era in the welterweight division and has yet to show a moment of mortality since the Serra KO, with the exception of Condit's head kick.

The fact is his opponents know exactly what's coming and are still powerless to stop it. To fault GSP for it isn't very fair.

I agree and I respect that. This is just my opinion now tho, I see him as a guy who plays by the book, double leg ppl to avoid some heated trade, he doesnt have that fighter instint like "Im gonna knock this MF out", as soon as he gets tagged he rushes for a double, avoids all kinds of submission, still not able to submit anybody. I personally hate this " Top control thing". I think as we re talking about martial arts such thing shouldnt exist. Because it doesn`t mean anything unless ur taking wrestling rules in consideration. I understand the sport had to develop to become more professional and stuff but being at the bottom shouldnt be considered losing whatsoever. I`m bjj purple belt and I have submitted some wrestlers who were on top of me , I took longer than 5 minutes on these occasions. I see gsp as a master of top control which in the UFC means a lot. That is the reason I dislike his style.

BlastoiseDad's aXual faXual List:

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Aldo
4. Anderson
5. Barao
6. Cain
7. MM
8. Pettis
9. Weidman
10. Benson/Edgar/Faber?/Cruz(lol) whoever ya want really

Back