If Renan Barao wins tomorrow...

Cilglyn

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
and IF he unified the belts (very strong possibility with the extent of cruz's injury, plus the form Renan has shown), where would you put him P4P.

He is currently 7th according to the UFC, behind Jones, GSP, Silva, Aldo, Cain, Mighty mouse.

Personally, I'd have him top five (leapfrogging mighty mouse and cain), guy is a monster.

ufc-138-pickett-barao-3.gif

I'd put him above MM for sure, and probably Cain. I think all around he's more skilled than Cain is (difficult to assess, but MM has got a mean sub game is extremely proficient at the very least, everywhere).

I think there's an outside chance if he wins dominantly tomorrow, that Dana puts the
belt on him and declares him the sole champ. Not sure... just a feeling. Outside shot.

1.Aldo
2. JBJ
3. GSP
4. Barao right now

if he comes in and dominates the dude we'll see. Him and gsp are close right now

as for cain there is no reason he should be above barao at all. How many fights has cain had and how long is barao's win streak? seriously. Barao could finish off another 5 fighters cain can beat 2 and cain in some idiots minds would still be above barao.

He's already above MM imo.

Cain beats JDS again the gap between him and Barao in the pound for pound rankings is going to be massive.

I think there's an outside chance if he wins dominantly tomorrow, that Dana puts the
belt on him and declares him the sole champ. Not sure... just a feeling. Outside shot.

One could only hope that scenario you mention plays out, I know I'd be happy if that happens. I do however hope he sticks the landing next time he goes his celebration flips/cartwheels :)

How in the hell he's behind MM and Cain ?

Guy's a dominant champion on a 30 fight win streak.

Can't get much better than that.

They fact they have names like Cain, Silva, Jones, and even GSP at this point ahead of him is laughable and transparent.

P4P has absolutely NOTHING to do with P4P by UFC standards, and everything to do with marketing.

Barao seems to excel in virtually every area of MMA. He has it all, and is fighting opponents who are also incredibly well rounded, with speed and cardio those above simply don't have to deal with.

He is without question one of the very best P4P fighters in the world.

I think he looks somewhat vulnerable in most of his fights.

Can't really think of any besides his run at 135 (which really goes to show how good he really is). I'd also say it has something to do with the level competition he faces all the time.

He displays incredibly well rounded stills time and time again against the most versatile fighters in the world.

hmmmm
probably at #5 actually, maybe #6

I think Cruz will beat him, but Barao's a beast, no denying it

if he did that he also becomes my personal #2-3 BW OAT

He's incredibly underrated because he doesn't speak english and he looks kind of weird.

He's easily the most complete and well rounded fighter of all the active champions with the exception of probably GSP.

Back