If RDA pulls out

Frankie would probably take the fight at 155.
but if Mcgregor then won it wouldn't count as him actually beating Edgar, so what is the point?

fans basically need the odds stacked heavily in Edgar's favour for a win to be considered legitimate

This fight isn't nearly as fun to talk about because RDA doesn't have an arrogant, humorless fanbase full of deluded fools to make fun of

Not after one hypothetical missed fight.
They can throw an interim fight at 145 while they're at it since Conor is playing with the big boys.

What interim champion fight at 145 is going to out-sell an interim Conor fight at 155, or even come close in PPV buys? If Conor doesn't want to let go of his main event slot nobody is going to make him do it, they'll do an interim championship fight at 155 just because Conor says so.

What interim champion fight at 145 is going to out-sell an interim Conor fight at 155, or even come close in PPV buys? If Conor doesn't want to let go of his main event slot nobody is going to make him do it, they'll do an interim championship fight at 155 just because Conor says so.

That does not make any sense, but I know you have a gimmick and do it well and generally bring the laughs, but not partaking.

That is correct. You will make more money losing to Conor than you would beating anyone in the UFC. He's the biggest draw in the sport right now and top 4 all time.

That does not make any sense, but I know you have a gimmick and do it well and generally bring the laughs, but not partaking.

Thanks but there's no gimmick here. Conor based his training camp and weight around 155, he'll not be able to cut to 145 if RDA pulls out now, he's not going to let anyone take his main event slot and neither will the UFC, not if they love money. Conor will also not take a fight without a belt on the line, not until he loses first. They'll make a interim belt just for him in that situation, and Dana will come up with some excuse like "it's supposed to be a super fight, there's a lot on the line". It doesn't make sense for the division, but it makes perfect business sense. You better hope RDA doesn't pull out.

Then he won't have another child. Smart move!

But Conor won't be pulling out of RDA though.

Cowboy or Nate Diaz is the only right answer. Frankie deserves a full camp against Conner.

RDA won't pull out. He'll show. We're just less than 2 weeks away now.

Thats like saying conor fought in December.....Neither one were really fights....
It's absolutely a fight as far as whether a champ should be stripped for being injured and an interim belt created.

By that logic a champ with 5 quick first round KO title defenses could be stripped for basically not defending the belt for 2-3 years. It doesn't matter how long the fight was, it counts.

would you want Conor to take another fight on that same date with someone else or would you rather he wait? Also would he fight for an interim title or just a showcase 155 contest?
There would be no interim fight you silly. And if RDA pulls out, Conor will fight. Because that is who he is and that is why he is loved. He doesn't pull out cuz his thumb hurts or his opponent doesn't match up with his style. Cain, GSP and all the other lil wimp champs of the past, take note from this champ, Conor McGregor and step up.

Would there be any point fighting anyone else? Conor could fight and beat Satan and people would say "He beat a 2 week camp Satan - full camp Satan would take his soul". Its just not worth it.

Cowboy would offer to fight immediately.

Honestly though if I were Conor I wouldn't take any fight if it wasn't at least for an interim belt. It's high risk low reward. Actually pretty much zero reward outside of cash. Especially at this point in his career... One loss and everything comes off the rails. Not worth it.

It's absolutely a fight as far as whether a champ should be stripped for being injured and an interim belt created.

By that logic a champ with 5 quick first round KO title defenses could be stripped for basically not defending the belt for 2-3 years. It doesn't matter how long the fight was, it counts.

Ok.....i misunderstood.....my bad.....

Back