If Pettis Finishes RDA

dominant should mean 5+ title defenses and winning them handily

Yeah I can agree with that! There are huge differences in the gsp, jon jones, Anderson Silvia's of the world compared to quinton Jackson, forest griffin, machida etc.

LOL that's a nasty blemish on his record

Not really he dominated guida that fight. Unfortunately the judges didn't recognize that. After that fight, he realized that judges won't reward dominance from the bottom, so he now focuses on quick subs or stand ups

Right now Pettis is about as dominating as a champion as quinton Jackson was.

Pettis is clearly in beast mode now. But just to play devils advocate, nobody thought he would/could be held down for 3 rounds by Guida either. So it can happen, and Khabib has better mma wrestling than Guida. Pettis has improved his TDD slightly since then so it should be a good grappling battle.

I'll still pick Pettis to finish the fight though, but I see it coming from strikes. Khabibs striking is miles behind Pettis.

I agree. But to be honest, I remember that fight being very close. I am not sure if I didn't pick Pettis as the winner. Guida was doing nothing from the top as usual and Pettis was working his sick guard. I think he would have won if that fight was a 5 rounder.
With that being said, he clearly learned from that fight. He would school Guida now as I'm sure most people agree. Khabib's wrestling might be top notch, but I just don't see him surviving 5 rounds with a beast like Pettis where he needs just 1 slip from you. On the feet he kills him and on the ground Khabib isn't safe either.
But yeah, I'm not saying that Khabib sucks ;) But he is clearly too 1dimensional as of now and needs to work on his striking to be a future dominant champ IMO.

This.

But I don't think he beats Khabib.

why? Pettis has striking light years ahead of Khabib.....he trains with Ben the blanket Askren , so TDD will be good....why would he not beat a one dimensional fighter who really hasn't done a lot but smother with good top game and grappling....

why? Pettis has striking light years ahead of Khabib.....he trains with Ben the blanket Askren , so TDD will be good....why would he not beat a one dimensional fighter who really hasn't done a lot but smother with good top game and grappling....
Don't forget that he outstruck such a fiercely technical kickboxer as Pat Healy, bro!

There's been some very dumb things said on Sherdog over the years and this is up there with the dumbest.

someone needs their sarcasm detector re-calibrated.....wow missing the obvious is pretty stupid as well

Back