If Pettis Finishes RDA

A finish on RDA and then a victory on khabib would cement him as lw goat in my eyes. RDA is tough as they come and a finish would crazy impressive. Add surviving the eagle's Sambo and getting a victory/finish would mean even more. Nobody has been able to slow that guy's roll..

If RDA finishes Pettis...

Is this being discussed anywhere?
It should

I call an RDA submission (armbar or RNC)
Would be an epic war with 1 round a piece for the first 2

He's been dominant the last few years but doesn't have enough defenses to be called a dominant champion He needs two more wins so RDA and hopefully Khabib after that.

Not sure why people are bringing up Guida. That's one fight, it was his UFC debut, and he went on an insane streak after that.
If you FINISH Benson Henderson and Gilbert Melendez, I don't care what happened to you before that, you're at the top. Pettis could have been a crack whore before those two fights for all I care.

Look at some of RDA's earlier losses, which are also completely irrelevant now.

When did having 2 title defenses make you a dominating champion?

He should easily beat Khabib over 5 rounds. 3 rounds? Maybe Khabib has a chance of laying on him, but 5 rounds, naah. Pettis is too crafty to let that happen.

needs to beat khabib who is a terrible match-up for him (and Conor). Khabib is the champ of the future

Of course he will finish RDA. But if he beats Khabib, that should erase the Guida loss, Melendez and Khabib are both much better wrestlers.

sure would like to see him beat khabib, avenge clay guida and win a superfight against aldo/mcgregor. then he goes down as one of the greats.

When did having 2 title defenses make you a dominating champion?

Many MMA fans seem to have a horrible standard for what is a 'dominant' champion, absolutely horrible.

He should easily beat Khabib over 5 rounds. 3 rounds? Maybe Khabib has a chance of laying on him, but 5 rounds, naah. Pettis is too crafty to let that happen.

Pettis is clearly in beast mode now. But just to play devils advocate, nobody thought he would/could be held down for 3 rounds by Guida either. So it can happen, and Khabib has better mma wrestling than Guida. Pettis has improved his TDD slightly since then so it should be a good grappling battle.

I'll still pick Pettis to finish the fight though, but I see it coming from strikes. Khabibs striking is miles behind Pettis.

Guida finished RDA too. Pettis and RDA are both impoved sunce they fought Guida.

Many MMA fans seem to have a horrible standard for what is a 'dominant' champion, absolutely horrible.

I wonder if they believe dominating means holding the belt for a long time? With him being injured he had the belt for a long time but that means nothing if it's not being defended.

I wonder if they believe dominating means holding the belt for a long time? With him being injured he had the belt for a long time but that means nothing if it's not being defended.

It's not even that. Some considered Weidman a dominant champion before even fighting Machida when he had only beaten Anderson to win the title and in his first defense. People considered Michelle Waterson a 'dominant' champion for winning a belt and then defending once against a 47 year old sacrificial lamb.

Maybe it's because title fights are so few and far between, people view any champion who didn't win in a controversial manner and has at least 1 defense a dominant champ. There's no distinction between a dominant champ and just a 'non-flash-in-the-pan' champ in their eyes lol.

dominant should mean 5+ title defenses and winning them handily

Back