If Nick KOs Anderson...

That would incite a disgusting flurry of threads, probably retirement of Silva too.

andy was fuckin around when he got ko'd.... he wasnt even looking in chris's direction lol. anyone who isnt paying attention is gonna get ktfo. when hes ready for the shots he absorbs them easily, like the first chael fight.

i dont remember him getting 'dropped' in the second fight. i remember him getting out wrestled and then snapping his tooth pick leg. another weidman dick rider putting him into a god status cuz he 'beat' anderson when his leg snapped on a freak accident.

You're the biggest idiot in this thread. You should be proud. Go watch the fight again and realize you're an idiot.

Go gobble some more of Anderson's dick, douche.

TKO'd not so much.

If KO'd, I think I would be shocked but not more than the first time he was.

I had a dream that Diaz koed Silva in The 3rd. Silva was crumpled against the fence. It was weird.

Edit: looked like a tko

I see this as a safe fight back for Silva. He's a large MW who can easily fight LHW, while Diaz is a smallish (for 2015) WW. Diaz has power in his hands, but it accumulates - he doesn't have one-punch KO power.

AND he has it at WW, not MW or LHW.

Silva doesn't want someone with nasty leg kicks, and Diaz doesn't throw many.

And Silva doesn't want to go to the ground and possibly held down or have someone go for a leg lock sub. The weakest part of Diaz's game is his wrestling/takedowns.

So Diaz is going to be forced to stand and trade with one of the most dynamic strikers we've seen in the UFC.

I think Silva's chin can hold up fine in this test. The only thing that could go wrong for him is if he shows up and hesitates and can't get comfortable in the cage and never finds his rhythm. Then I could see Diaz picking up a decision win.

Yea, Weidman was a nightmare matchup for Silva, so I wasn't shocked at all.

Not at all, in fact I'll be surprised if Nick doesn't knock him out.

People don't understand that once an older fighter loses his chin, he's done beating tough guys who pressure him, guys like Nick. Nick will eventually a sharp shot behind the ear or to the chin and Anderson won't recover.

Anderson's only chance of winning this fight is to stop Nick before, and Nick is durable as hell.

I wouldn't be shocking if Nick was fighting consistently. Nick has great boxing skills and focuses more on accumulation of punches than on the big punch. I don't think he would care much if Silva dropped his guard to goad him in.

Nick doesn't have the power to KO Silva. I wouldn't be surprised if this fight ends up looking like the Leben fight, TBH. When Silva's on his game (not clowning around) his defense is one of the best, he's a hard target to hit.

1. Nick is the only one to ever KO Robbie Lawler* and Paul Daley. Let that sink in.

2. Nick never charges forward like Leben - he's more plodding and cerebral, and his boxing is infinitely better.

3. Silva clowning around is part of his strategy. He was trying to affect Weidman's mental game; if he had the capacity to move forward and hit Weidman, he would have.

*Also bear in mind, Lawler fought Melvin Manhoef and has fought up to LHW.

no need i remember it quite clearly. it really was more than a take down anyway. transitioned from a punch.

dont misunderstand me here, i think weidman is fucking good. his fight with lyoto proved that to me.. still think he has a lot of holes in his game tho. but as far as his fights with andy its still 1-0 in my opinion............. i just cant categorize that 2nd 'win' as "dominating" when the chris won via 'tko (leg injury)'

rofl the dellusions are strong in this one

Every times we humans recalls a memory our brain slightly alters it. Thats just how the brain works. You should definitely rewatch cause that was a clean knock down.

Back