If Nick and Robbie Lawler really do fight, I'm putting all my money on Robbie

Robbie has way more miles on his body than Nick.

Nick obviously won't be same from years ago but he is way more fresher.

I got Diaz as a very clear favorite

Nick has miles of drinking and partying, keep in mind.

Robbie should be the favorite because he's still fighting MMA at the highest level. He's been dropping decisions to top 10 ranked world class opponents like Covington, RDA and Magny.

There are roughly 90 welterweights under UFC contract right now. Robbie will lose to the top 10, beat guys in the top 20 and literally murder the lower half of the pool if they let him fight them. Lawler is still the guy that casually picked up Askren and threw him over his head like it was a 5th grader.

So the question is, should we consider Nick Diaz a top 10 caliber welterweight at 38 years old with 7 years of inactivity? Probably not.

Me too, if I was a betting man, Nick is not the same dude. USADA, age, time away from the cage, waking up in satin sheets at 5 am sucks when your fire in your belly is a smoldering pile of bills you can’t pay,…… I predict a brutal ko within the 1st round by Lawler
During all that time Nick was off or barely fighting, Robbie had a bunch of wars, including ones with Rory and Hendricks that took years of his career, a brutal KO, and several other fights where he absorbed a ton of blows. He's not looking any better than Nick--probably worse. Robbie hasn't finished anyone in years, either--he couldn't even finish Cowboy. Then again, if Nick really had issues with drinking, who knows which one is in worse condition. I wouldn't bet on this fight.

Nick is my favorit on this one, but i wouldn't be surprised if Lawler takes the W.
Not betting this one.

Nick has miles of drinking and partying, keep in mind.

Robbie should be the favorite because he's still fighting MMA at the highest level. He's been dropping decisions to top 10 ranked world class opponents like Covington, RDA and Magny.

There are roughly 90 welterweights under UFC contract right now. Robbie will lose to the top 10, beat guys in the top 20 and literally murder the lower half of the pool if they let him fight them. Lawler is still the guy that casually picked up Askren and threw him over his head like it was a 5th grader.

So the question is, should we consider Nick Diaz a top 10 caliber welterweight at 38 years old with 7 years of inactivity? Probably not.

Diaz from what I saw pics of him from time to time on social media never got out of shape. The partying and drinking here and there is nothing compared to the brutal fights and tough training camps Robbie been thru all these years.

Fighting is like riding a bike for guys like Diaz who have been training and competing since he was very young so I wouldn't worry too much about ring rust either.

I'll go with the fresh and well rested Diaz over a battle worn Lawler who has lost 5 of his last 6 fights. Activity means Jack to me in this match up because Nick is a veteran himself

Diaz from what I saw pics of him from time to time on social media never got out of shape. The partying and drinking here and there is nothing compared to the brutal fights and tough training camps Robbie been thru all these years.

Fighting is like riding a bike for guys like Diaz who have been training and competing since he was very young so I wouldn't worry too much about ring rust either.

I'll go with the fresh and well rested Diaz over a battle worn Lawler who has lost 5 of his last 6 fights. Activity means Jack to me in this match up because Nick is a veteran himself

Hey, fair enough.

Robbie has been dropping decisions to literally the top 10 guys in the world. Nick hasn't fought in a dog's life. Generally speaking, turning 38 after years of inactivity isn't a good thing for MMA.

Back