If Mir beat Arlovski does he get a title shot?

As title says , I'd like to see a Werdum v Mir matchup

Probably but that's why this match is so dumb. Arlovski needs to be fighting for the title. Mir doesn't need another crack at it. He's had his chances and Arlovski isn't getting any younger. If Werdum v. Cain 2 is true let's hope to god Cain doesn't win because then there's going to be a trilogy and all this won't matter.

Shawn Jordan and Alexey Oliynyk are on streaks right now.

I feel like you're joking but both should get big steps up. Jordan's fighting Magomedov who's probably the best prospect in the UFC at HW right now so his momentum may be ending. Not saying it will because Jordan's athletic as hell and his main weakness seems to be power punchers and Magomedov is def not a power puncher but he is a great striker. Olenik's 38 though. They need to give him a big name fight and soon. I'd say Bigfoot but he'd have to wait for Bigfoot to heal up. Maybe Mitrione or something.

man that would be owlsome

You'd have to think so with the position that Arlovski has put himself in.

Probably but that's why this match is so dumb. Arlovski needs to be fighting for the title. Mir doesn't need another crack at it. He's had his chances and Arlovski isn't getting any younger. If Werdum v. Cain 2 is true let's hope to god Cain doesn't win because then there's going to be a trilogy and all this won't matter.

Oh god. I didn't even think about that.

Oh god. I didn't even think about that.

It's really a sad situation unfolding lol. The HW division is my favorite to watch now but man the UFC is really messing up with these title fights.

Mir was on a 4 fight losing skid and now he has 2 wins in a row.
Arlovski has 3 wins in a row and they passed him even though he should have got the shot.
If Mir wins i think the UFC passes on him, if Arlovski wins he better get the shot.

Actually it might have some logic. If arlovski wins in september he'll be on a four fight W streak and ready to fight in december. Werdum said he wanted some time off so december would be ok for him i guess.

Arlovski taking the september fight looks like good timing. Of course all cam only work if he wins. But he'll get the win IMO.

Probably not.

Depends who is next. You have Cain and Stipe, one gets a title shot and the other is right there. JDS/Reem are fighting, if Werdum is still champ either could get a fight.

I think Mir would need to beat AA and win one more fight.

HW is so sad. The fact that Mir recently lost 4 in a row and can still be a fight or 2 away from a titleshot is ridiculously embarassing.

UFC surely finds a way to mess up a HW title picture which has been looking better than in the past 5 years. Stipe and Arlovski on winning streaks, JDS (and Arlovski) as intriguing rematches against the champ who has improved bigtime and could erase losses much earlier in his career, Mir on a small resurgence who could give us the most technical BJJ battle in HW history.

So I guess UFC goes with the Cain rematch and an immediate trilogy if he wins. In 3 years (Cain will get injured in the process) Mir and Arlovski will have retired, Stipe will have lost, JDS will look even older but will be the only viable contender left, possibly giving us Cain vs JDS 4 and 5.

Nothing against Mir, but he was almost getting his marching orders 8 months ago..now he beats AA and gets a title shot? Not for me. Mir would need at least another two winning fights before he would get a shot IMO. I actually think Werdum would light him up.
Would prefer to see AA win and get a shot or JDS/Werdum II. I'd like to see Cain fight Miocic, if AO gets his act together fight Browne again..
Its a bizarre division as no one can get a run going, everyone seems to have beaten each other.

Back