If McGregor shows outstanding performance at 170..

Nate isn't a true 170 pounder though. The fight is at 170 because Nate doesn't have the time to cut the weight to 155. He wasnt in a camp. Or was just casually training.
Nate would probably settle about 10-15 at WW, he beats the vast majority WW but gets destroyed by the top 5.

I do think Nate has a much better chance than RDA did.

ufc-129-Rory-MacDonald-suplex-Nate-Diaz.gif

This is what happened when Diaz fought a true 170'er.

lol at thinking conor is a legit WW

Even if he beats Nate with relative ease(as I expect him to), that does not at all mean he'll be competitive with the top 15.
Exactly. I don't understand why people think he's fighting at WW here. He's fighting a LW at 170. Here is a perfect example of the difference between fighting a LW at 170 and fighting a WW:
64mm3t_medium.gif

2isilup_medium.gif

Crazy fight. Not the fight I wanted to see, or the weight, but I'll be watching all the same.

Exactly. I don't understand why people think he's fighting at WW here. He's fighting a LW at 170. Here is a perfect example of the difference between fighting a LW at 170 and fighting a WW:
64mm3t_medium.gif

2isilup_medium.gif
yes_snoop_dogg.gif

ufc-129-Rory-MacDonald-suplex-Nate-Diaz.gif

This is what happened when Diaz fought a true 170'er.

lol at thinking conor is a legit WW
He lost a UD to a top contender who was arguably beating the champ before injury(not taking anything away from robbie)
People can lose ya know. No need to hate on Nate.

He lost a UD to a top contender who was arguably beating the champ before injury(not taking anything away from robbie)
People can lose ya know. No need to hate on Nate.
I don't think he's hating on Nate. He's simply pointing out that size makes a big difference. Rory was clearly the bigger stronger guy.

64mm3t_medium.gif

2isilup_medium.gif

This is what Rory would do to Conor. Rory would smash Conor's face on the ground. Conor has a chance against Diaz, but he'd get mauled by Rory. Wonderboy would outstrike him. Woodley and Hendricks would GnP him to death. Condit would Dan Hardy his ass. Maia would twist him like a pretzel. And Robbie would just plain out crazy him.

I don't think he's hating on Nate. He's simply pointing out that size makes a big difference. Rory was clearly the bigger stronger guy.
You don't know the TS. It has duel meaning. He cannot post without negativity and belittling a fighter.

Nate would probably settle about 10-15 at WW, he beats the vast majority WW but gets destroyed by the top 5.

I do think Nate has a much better chance than RDA did.
Nah. If you said Nick Diaz at WW. Then I'd say yes. NICK is a legit WW. Nate is not. I don't think Nate cracks the top 10 at WW.

Will this outshadow the whole "He can't beat guys bigger than him" or "Conor stands no chance at WW" fiasco? Since Nate Diaz is 6'0 and if fighting at 170 I doubt those punches will be "light", considering he just KO'd someone recently.
Well Diaz isn't really a natural 170lb fighter and there is nothing Conor could possibly do that would lead me to believe he can take out the elite at WW who would outweigh him by 20lb.

For me to believe he can beat a guy like Lawler, I would literally have to see it. Until then, I can't even entertain the idea without thinking it's crazy.

Wait... this fight is at 170? I thought 155. Any sources on this fight or is this all speculation...

Wait... this fight is at 170? I thought 155. Any sources on this fight or is this all speculation...
It says welterweight on the freaken poster. You need to stay up to date!

Back