If McGregor shows outstanding performance at 170..

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Will this outshadow the whole "He can't beat guys bigger than him" or "Conor stands no chance at WW" fiasco? Since Nate Diaz is 6'0 and if fighting at 170 I doubt those punches will be "light", considering he just KO'd someone recently.

Last edited:
Will this outshadow the whole "He can't beat guys bigger than him" or "Conor stands no chance at WW" fiasco? Since Nate Diaz is 6'0 and if fighting at 175 I doubt those punches will be "light", considering he just KO'd someone recently.
170lbs. No because Nate is not a true welterweight.

Why is this even at 170. Damn Mcgregor is fighting from 145 to 170 is crazy. If he wins impressively, forget RDA and his dodging Brazilian ass. Bring on Lawler at 170.

Rory, Lawler, Wonderboy, Carlos, Hendricks are completely different animals to Nate

Why is this even at 170. Damn Mcgregor is fighting from 145 to 170 is crazy. If he wins impressively, forget RDA and his dodging Brazilian ass. Bring on Lawler at 170.

Nate probably couldnt make 155 on short notice.

Even if he beats Nate with relative ease(as I expect him to), that does not at all mean he'll be competitive with the top 15.

If he looks good at 170 id pick him to beat lawler.

I think it's a genius move by him.

If he wins and beats RDA afterwards he has an awesome claim for a WW title-shot.

Nate isn't a true 170 pounder though. The fight is at 170 because Nate doesn't have the time to cut the weight to 155. He wasnt in a camp. Or was just casually training.

6" is extremely small for his frame at WW, it's why he got absolutely ragdolled. Wouldn't prove anything about the 170 division

Nate is fringe top 25 at 170. He's never done much there and his fighting style isn't indicative of the quality or strength of the fighters at the top of 170. It would be a nice feather in Conor's cap, but if any of you think he's walking through Woodley, Condit or Lawler, you're fucking blind, lol.

This fight will be a indicator of how he would fair with someone at WW. Not skill wise but height and reach.

Win or lose he's fighting Nate Diaz on 2 weeks notice.....not much more to say about it. I just hope the fight ends up being fun.

6" is extremely small for his frame at WW, it's why he got absolutely ragdolled. Wouldn't prove anything about the 170 division

Georges St. Pierre was around 5'10~5'11. What frame is appropriate?

Georges St. Pierre was around 5'10~5'11. What frame is appropriate?

im sure he meant frame not height. Diaz is a lanky scrawny motherfucker at 6ft gsp walked around at like 190-200 didnt he?

Yeah, like totally, if he wins quickly, let me face Rockhold at 185....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back