If Mas vs Usman happened today who would you pick

<13>So happy to see Masvidal is the overwhelming underdog here<{jackyeah}>

giphy.gif

<Baelish01>Can't wait to see the aftermath of that fight[<cena1}

He beat one of the lesser strikers in the division on the feet and outstruck Woodley who has an extremely low striking output in the first place... I don't your reasoning here.

It would work better if Usman had fought say Wonderboy.
The point being it’s not a vulnerability. He’s looked good. Imagine if khabib stood up with guys and outboxed them for five rounds. Regardless of who it was people would be giving him some credit.

I think this is one of the greatest matchups in the ufc right now, but my gut is telling me Usman just wears him down against the cage and gets him down. If Usman fights like he did against Colby he is getting jacked but we all know he will use wrasslin and he is probably much stronger than jorge and will pressure the shit out of him until he gets the td. Usman by dec imo. Not really a stretch here i guess, I feel like most people will agree.

usman wins 100times out of 100. jorge is easier of a win than colby was

Jorge will show us the journeyman he’s always been. Don’t believe the hype.

Usman. My reason being that I don’t think he’s vulnerable on the feet. He beat Colby exclusively on the feet and was out striking woodley. At the very least, he can hold his own on the feet, and I give him a huge advantage in any grappling. Of course Masvidal has the ability to piece up anyone in the game on the feet, but I don’t find it likely
This !!

Usman. My reason being that I don’t think he’s vulnerable on the feet. He beat Colby exclusively on the feet and was out striking woodley. At the very least, he can hold his own on the feet, and I give him a huge advantage in any grappling. Of course Masvidal has the ability to piece up anyone in the game on the feet, but I don’t find it likely

Yeah not really sure where this weird narrative comes from that Usman sucks on the feet. Like you said, he handled Woodley standing no problem, the same Woodley who demolished Lawler and Till, and beat Wonderboy standing.

By MMA standards Usman has got a good right hand - long and accurate - and it was obvious he'd bust Colby up with it.

The point being it’s not a vulnerability. He’s looked good. Imagine if khabib stood up with guys and outboxed them for five rounds. Regardless of who it was people would be giving him some credit.
He didn't look good to me, Khabib never looks good on the feet either to me.

I can't say it's not a vulnerability when I haven't seen it against an better quality striker, his general fight style doesn't do him any favors either. Legitimately dumbfounded how anyone is impressed by Usman's striking unless you have some really low barometer.

Masvidal never gets "put on his back in seconds"

<6>* A barrage of images and gifs featuring Wonderboy, Maia, Toby Imada, Bendo, Melendez etc. etc. incoming* <{CMPALM}>

<6>* A barrage of images and gifs featuring Wonderboy, Maia, Toby Imada, Bendo, Melendez etc. etc. incoming* <{CMPALM}>
Yeah they'd be the perfect examples of not watching fights, just googling results and gifs

I would pick Usman today and I would pick him tomorrow as well.

Back