If Mas vs Usman happened today who would you pick

Jorge will show us the journeyman he’s always been. Don’t believe the hype.
Hype ? He won several big fights. lost against top competition; and many split decisions.

Usman by superior gas tank. I’ll always root for Masvidal but I’m not sure he has what it takes to beat Usman. I don’t think he can really open up with his striking while worrying about the takedown. I think it would look like his fight with Maia, but Usman would do a lot more damage on the ground than Maia did. Maia was strictly focused on getting position on Mas whereas Usman would pound on him during takedown attempts and when he had him on the ground.

Hype ? He won several big fights. lost against top competition; and many split decisions.
No sense even arguing with the “Masvidal is a journeyman” contingent. Define journeyman for them and they’ll even argue that.

I would pick Mas but he can very well get 50-45/43'd and that's a likely outcome.

I think he's heavily attack Usmans knees/legs which we haven't seen.

I recent memory. He beat overrated fighters such as Till, Ben and a fellow journeyman in Nate.

Good for Jorge having a late career surge and gaining popularity, but come on. He gets smothered by Usman or Colby, loses to Wonderbread again, loses a routine UD to Leon Scott and would be 50/50 with RDA. Masvidal vs Luque or even Conor would be the most entertaining fights to make at WW, and obviously Conor would be the bigger name and payday of the 2.
Conor would get smashed. His name literally does not belong at 170.

I recent memory. He beat overrated fighters such as Till, Ben and a fellow journeyman in Nate.
So who is not overrated ?
Time will tell, I might be wrong, but still think he would give a great fight to Edwards, RDA, Covington,etc

Conor would get smashed. His name literally does not belong at 170.
That's why it's Masvidal's best option. Style clashes are always interesting, but I also like seeing guys with the same strengths and weaknesses fight each other where neither guy is going to be able to pick on the deficiencies of the other because they're both trying to do the same thing. It's the biggest, most winnable fight for Jorge to keep the hype going.

What, like, if someone just went and got them and forced them to fight today? Yeah, Usman probably.

However, give them a 3-4 months and I say flip a coin. Masvidal is no dummy and Usman has some holes in his game. He's a tricky night on the job for any fighter.

Who would I root for: Mas
What would I like to see: Mas flying knee TKO

If I had to bet the house: Usman 50-45
LOL this literally exactly my thoughts sums it up. I don’t think anyone likes snoozman but sadly it looks like he might be our champ for a minute

Masvidal as usman would be fighting from round 1 with a broken hand.

Back