If Lavar beats Schaub

Koukos

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
i think he should fight Carwin.It will be a stand up war and a good test for Shane after his injury.

I love MMA betting ...if a fighter gets a big KO against a guy that never takes fights to the ground people completely forget that he has the worst ground game in MMA (including Houston Alexander).

I doubt carwin is gonna fight again

He's old and can't go thru a camp without getting injured

Plus I'm pretty sure he's still an engineer full time isn't he?

Schaub's been knocked around a bit lately.

He has decent grappling actually. We might see Schaub pound Lavar out from top

Two big guys with KO power is always good.

But if this fight happens, Carwin would take Lavar down and GnP him into oblivion.
That being said, I don't think Shane ever fights again.

i think he should fight Carwin.It will be a stand up war and a good test for Shane after his injury.

carwin (if he did fight again) would take Lavar down and beat him i so bad he'd be as skinny as Struve

I kinda wanna see Berry vs Duffee, I think that fight makes more sense considering Duffee jus had his 1st fight in the UFC since '10 & Berry jus got in the win column. maybe Lavar vs Kongo?

Carwin would 187 Johnson. Lavar is way 2 slow. gasses way to fast. maybe miocic.

Yeah would love to see carwin back in there, but the issue is carwin would just take the big man down time after time... to see him go striking would just be fantasy.

I'd like to see Lavar vs Kongo.

Carwin would probably be smart and take Lavar down easily and pound him out.

if ? how would schaub really win this fight ? lets be honest his chin is suspect ask rothwell or big nog, and lavar throws bombs on people and they go to sleep. so i mean really how would schaub win this fight? maybe lay and pray to a decision or stall and not brawl but i'd proabably bet my house lavar knocks schaub out in the 1st round.

I love MMA betting ...if a fighter gets a big KO against a guy that never takes fights to the ground people completely forget that he has the worst ground game in MMA (including Houston Alexander).

me too. everyone forget punchers chance hides holes in a fighters game. Although its not toally the same it can be stretched to JDS Cain II. I'm not a fan of wrestling, but I still think it is the most important base to fight with in MMA because of the constant pushed pace.

Striking, grappling, submissions, work in the clinch and transitions are all important but the pace and different type of strength/cardio/assault that come from wrestling is impossible to ignore.

I'd like a Carwin fight but I cant see him fighting again for a while. Any grappler would be fun, but if not Kongo would prob be a fun war on the feet

Anyone who has any ground game whatsoever and engages in a "stand-up war" with Lavar Johnson is not very bright.

Sounds good to me. If Schaub wins I'd like to see him face HD.

I would like to see HD/Duffee though.

All I know is Schaub has been KOd in his last 2 fights in 1st round. And all of Lavars losses are to subs. Both have a lot of KO/TKO wins, but Schaubs the one with back to back KO losses...

I see Lavar getting the win via KO...Dont know where either go from there though...

Schaub must spam takedown after takedown in this fight in order to have a chance.

Back