If Khabib beats Tony and another LW opponent after that, does he move to WW?

We'll see, maybe he decides to try his luck and get a second belt if he clears out LW division. But I doubt it...

Cucuy
Gaethje
Islam
FKL
Hooker
Felder
Do Bronx
Gillespie
Ferreira
Santos
Haqparast

Khabib will be around for a while if he plans on cleaning out the division

He needs to beat Conor again

giphy.gif

Khabib will never move up. I'm not implying that he's ducking WW.... But.... Draw your own conclusions.

If he beats T-ferg, the next logical match-up would be a super-fight with Usman. He could then cement his legacy as a GOAT contender.

I don't think he has the balls to do so. I hope he proves me wrong.

If Khabib felt like he could challenge for the Welterweight belt then he would be fighting at Welterweight. He's fighting at lightweight for a reason. He has a strength advantage at lightweight that allows him to use his grappling advantage. He would not have that strength advantage and the bigger and stronger fighters would beat the shit out of him. If he didn't think so he would not be in the lightweight division. He could ask for a fight with the Welterweight champ, but remains silent for a reason. He's remained silent when Colby called him a sheep fucker for a reason. He knows he'd lose in the cage against them.

If he wins, he will take a break. He said many times that he does not have personal time anymore.
He is a humongous star in Russia and ex-USSR.
Then money fight at WW ; depending on the injury he might have to heel.

I said it before and I'll say it again.. Khabibs worst matchup is Usman, he should stay away from Usman.. Usman is a top class wrestler and very very very physically strong, I think Khabib can beat many guys at WW because he is that good and dominant, but Usman he should avoid in my opinion.

Khabib will beat Tony , then have to do it again because Tony’s fanboys still won’t be able to get over it.

He'll retire. He wont move up a weight class. He might have a fight at a higher class, but dont forget he said he is at the end of his MMA career. Four more fights might be it.

If he fights as many as four I think we get a fight at 170.
If he beats Ferg and Justin he'll be 30-0. He'll be eye balling a superfight (that interests him) or Conor smesh for 50 mil.

Or his retirement fight is a handicap match vs. McGregor and Danis.

If Khabib beats Tony, he challenges GSP for a superfight and then retires as undisputed LW GOAT

Doubt it, as good as his technique is, he relies a lot on strength, not sure if he'd be able to do what he does against a guy like Usman.

He would get destroyed no doubt. He's a giant at lw and would get manhandled by all the grapplers at ww. He knows this that's why he isnt interested. His game is taking down strikers and holding them down.

He fought as a Welterweight in the early stages of his career, I believe. With that said, his physicality and strength are conducive to him optimising that style of his. Hard to imagine him being able to move Kamaru around, in the manner he does most of the Lightweights.

Imagine getting to 30-0, moving up to Welterweight and subsequently getting fucked up by Usman. Would be incredible, really. This place would be an unsustainable cesspool of drama and I would love every minute of it.

I dont think him and Usman would fight because they are friends, but if they did, I don't think Khabib would have a hard time, he's competitive wrestling against Rockhold who is bigger than Usman...Rockhold and Hooker have both said this.

If he put on 10 pounds of muscle over time he could definately compete with any of them. But why do it. Hes not a huge lw by any means, but if he did it properly he would be stronger and even more suffocating.

He would get destroyed no doubt. He's a giant at lw and would get manhandled by all the grapplers at ww. He knows this that's why he isnt interested. His game is taking down strikers and holding them down.
no hes not a giant at LW , hes average , stop talking shit

Didnt he win gold at 180lbs? And also the NAGA WW championships twice. I dont think WW would be to big for him.

Back