If Khabib beats Tony and another LW opponent after that, does he move to WW?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How likely do you think it is that Khabib ends up in the WW? Could he hold his own against Usman? Woodley? Colby? Jorge? Leon? Diaz? If Khabib successfully defends his belt vs Tony and another LW then I think we'll see him move up.

I would love for him to have at it with Usman even if he most likely loses badly due to the massive size and strength difference.

Nah no need to fuck around with weights
Him beating Tony and Justin is enough for me to call him the GOAT
Overtaking Bones

Retires.

Maybe super fight with GSP or Epic money fight with Conor in Russia.

No. he will spend the time he has left at lightweight.

he wont risk a loss at this stage in his career.

maybe if tony humbles him that might change.

He could probably win the strap at 170. There isn't much need. He's a huge star, so I'm not sure fighting Usman raises his profile much.

if he beat tony, justin and GSP, BIG IF in my opinion... , he should retire at this point. 30-0. GOAT resume by far.

But again I think tony beat him anyway ...

He needs to beat Conor again
if he need to fight someone again it is tibau or Al ( short notice and al still made it to the 5th round ), no one else LMAO

Retires.

Maybe super fight with GSP or Epic money fight with Conor in Russia.

I was thinking earlier at how Usman vs Colby went and about how both were shit scared to engage in grappling, Khabib has better stand up than both and would Usman be afraid to grapple Khabib? I think Khabib has a real chance against Usman and even if he loses it will push Khabib to his limits.

I was thinking earlier at how Usman vs Colby went and about how both were shit scared to engage in grappling, Khabib has better stand up than both and would Usman be afraid to grapple Khabib? I think Khabib has a real chance against Usman and even if he loses it will push Khabib to his limits.

Maybe, I see Khabib struggling though. The size difference will be a huge issue. When I think about this fight, I see Khabib vs Tibau kind of fight.

He fought as a Welterweight in the early stages of his career, I believe. With that said, his physicality and strength are conducive to him optimising that style of his. Hard to imagine him being able to move Kamaru around, in the manner he does most of the Lightweights.

Imagine getting to 30-0, moving up to Welterweight and subsequently getting fucked up by Usman. Would be incredible, really. This place would be an unsustainable cesspool of drama and I would love every minute of it.

Maybe, I see Khabib struggling though. The size difference will be a huge issue. When I think about this fight, I see Khabib vs Tibau kind of fight.

Yup but I would love to see it regardless, Khabib is more skilled and will be relentless, outcome could be who does better on the feet in the end and Khabib has a good chance.

He knows if he goes to WW the UFC will sign Dillon Danis and he doesn't want to lose face by backing down again.

Yup but I would love to see it regardless, Khabib is more skilled and will be relentless, outcome could be who does better on the feet in the end and Khabib has a good chance.

We'll see, maybe he decides to try his luck and get a second belt if he clears out LW division. But I doubt it.

I think Khabib will retire if he gets to 30-0 and maybe come back for huge fights every 2 years or so like GSP.

I think he does well at WW, only see Usman and perhaps Tyron edging him.

Doubtful, I've never heard him express an interest. If they made 165 he'd do that I bet, but not WW. He'd prob just retire.

WW is very strong right now and Khabib would be way to small to really challenge top 5 guys. He would become like RDA at 170, great but not elite.

Hope he stays at LW and if he beats Tony, Justin, Conor rematch and possibly GSP, he should retire as l the GOAT

He'll retire. He wont move up a weight class. He might have a fight at a higher class, but dont forget he said he is at the end of his MMA career. Four more fights might be it.

Back