• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Joshua convincingly beats Usyk, where does he rank all-time?

It was an exciting fight vs Vlad and it’s a good win, but it was also life and death vs a guy who was clearly past his best.

As for the other guys, they may have been top 10, but are any of them really the stuff of an ATG resume?
You can say Wald wasnt at his best but I can also say AJ hadnt hit his best yet either.

I think any resume can be dissected to discredit it if you really want to. I dont think hes there yet, and dont even know if I believe hell get there, but AJ has a pretty damn good resume now imo.

Getting destroyed by a fat boy also does not help his legacy. He is not even in the top 25 atm and wont be for a while.

I don’t think an avenged loss should really count too heavily against any fighter, especially in the HW division.

I don’t think an avenged loss should really count too heavily against any fighter, especially in the HW division.

Depends on the nature of the loss. Big difference from getting caught with 1 punch like Lennox or getting your ass beat and quitting like AJ. He avenged it in unconvincing fashion also against someone really out of shape.

Does nothing for him historically.
Usyk is not really a heavyweight & has accomplished nothing of note at heavyweight....Joshua is probably already the big favorite in that fight. He is expected to win to just to keep his top spot or 2nd spot in current rankings amongst active heavyweights.

Only needle mover he would have historically is if he cleans out his division. I think beating both Fury & Wilder would be a great accomplishment but I honestly don't know if that puts him in the company of all time greats. But it should.

Klitchko win was a solid win but it wasn't a torch passing win to me for many reasons.
-Fury had already beat him pretty convincingly long before
-Wlad was well past his prime and legit old
-He had retired and was going through some crazy home life shit .

Wilder & Fury might both be past their primes at this point and AJ certainly may still be coming into his. I agree we probably haven't seen the best of AJ just yet.

Depends on the nature of the loss. Big difference from getting caught with 1 punch like Lennox or getting your ass beat and quitting like AJ. He avenged it in unconvincing fashion also against someone really out of shape.
A bit harsh...But there is some validity to that. His 2 biggest wins kind of have some asterisks with them too.

Lets be honest, if somebody right now beats all the top guys, we’d never consider him HW GOAT lol. Even if it was a prospect who stayed undefeated later on doing so.

You obviously didn’t watch the fight. Ruiz was in the shape of his life in that AJ fight by having btb camps. Also he was pretty much concussed from the first knock down and then kept fighting. Most other hw wouldn’t have got that deep into the fight if they took that shot. Also an avenged loss or any loss doesnt prevent someone becoming an ATG. For any of fury/wilder/AJ to be considered ATG they would need to have have beat each other on some round about way wilder would need to beat fury and AJ. Or if fury beats wilder (again) he needs to beat AJ and AJ would need to beat fury

Beating Usyk does nothing for him… I don’t think Joshua is even top 50 all time in the division right now or even beating usyk

so you can name 50 HWs that have achieved more than what Joshua has. He’s been the unified champion for most of the last 5 years and has ducked no one??

He’s in the 20s now realistically, with potentially half a career left. Feel free to post these 50 that you rate higher

so you can name 50 HWs that have achieved more than what Joshua has. He’s been the unified champion for most of the last 5 years and has ducked no one??

He’s in the 20s now realistically, with potentially half a career left. Feel free to post these 50 that you rate higher
Not writing 50 names for your enjoyment, but undisputed ? Getting ktfo by an out of shape Andy Ruiz and his best win vs 73 year old klitchko… sorry I’m sticking to my opinion

Not writing 50 names for your enjoyment, but undisputed ? Getting ktfo by an out of shape Andy Ruiz and his best win vs 73 year old klitchko… sorry I’m sticking to my opinion

I didn’t expect you to write 50 name

Yet he’s still got a far better resume than any other current HW! And he shut out Ruiz in the rematch. It’s obvious it’s not in any way a balanced view that other people share, ad per the thread, but you’re welcome to you’re opinion

you will also get ridiculed if you were sad enough post them, as I’m sure you’re aware!

I didn’t expect you to write 50 name

Yet he’s still got a far better resume than any other current HW! And he shut out Ruiz in the rematch. It’s obvious it’s not in any way a balanced view that other people share, ad per the thread, but you’re welcome to you’re opinion

you will also get ridiculed if you were sad enough post them, as I’m sure you’re aware!
Lol

Usyk hasn't beaten anyone decent at HW yet. This is at least a fight too early for that. Even if all 3 top HW's fought and one emerged victorious I might then say they would be top 20.

I like AJ but as someone said above, I don't think he's top 30. So many great heavyweights who are so much better.....in the 60s 70s the golden era of boxing the competition was so high majority of those guys rank higher even though many didn't hold a belt!!!

Edited: I'm probably going to get lots of flak for this ha

Last edited:
I like AJ but as someone said above, I don't think he's top 30. So many great heavyweights who are so much better.....in the 60s 70s the golden era of boxing the competition was so high majority of those guys rank higher even though many didn't hold a belt!!!

Edited: I'm probably going to get lots of flak for this ha

You can only beat the competition that is in your era, and he’s the only one that has tried to grab all of the belts and try to prove he’s the best

I think that’s fair enough though. We’re talking about a current pro who may not have even reached his peak yet. There’s no way I could put either Joshua or fury in the top 20 yet. Belts or not they need to fight for their own legacy

Back