If jones puts his foot down...

Dustin925

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Strip him of the title. He's not the matchmaker. And you didn't see Cain complaining about beating Junior for a second time. He had considerably more at risk, too, since he already knew JDS could put him away. Gus is the number one contender. That's just the way it works.

Strip him of the title. He's not the matchmaker. And you didn't see Cain complaining about beating Junior for a second time. He had considerably more at risk, too, since he already knew JDS could put him away. Gus is the number one contender. That's just the way it works.
Right. Just like Jones had to fight Sonnen for the TUF event rather than fighting a different number one contender :)

Right. Just like Jones had to fight Sonnen for the TUF event rather than fighting a different number one contender :)

That's what you call "goodwill". Make no mistakes about it though: when the UFC has had enough he's getting the Tito treatment and once they're done with him he'll be a shell of his former self.

This of course entirely based on the fact Dana said it in the media to get fair weather fans to buy the subscription service.

Your fault for not learning your lesson by now about Dana selling fights with contenderships.

U sure u don't want him to put his foot down TS?
jon-jones-broken-toe.jpg

Yeah I'm honestly surprised anybody would say differently, of course he would never put his foot down that hard, but if it came to that? Fuck yeah, do you guys know Dana? Everybody likes the "I'll fight anybody, anytime" answer, but I guess Jones has never been good at winning fans over.

Jones standing up to the UFC brass is what more fighters need to do no matter if a few fans don't like it.

Jones standing up to the UFC brass is what more fighters need to do no matter if a few fans don't like it.

I agree, but NOT when it comes to matchmaking! If jones was saying he doesn't get paid enough, that's another story. Sticking to the man is what the fighters need to do, but not in this context

Last time Jones put his foot down in regards to not fighting who the UFC wanted, 151 was canceled. If JBJ really wants his next fight to be DC, then it probably will be.

I agree, but NOT when it comes to matchmaking! If jones was saying he doesn't get paid enough, that's another story. Sticking to the man is what the fighters need to do, but not in this context

I can appreciate that but it's not like he's ducking Gus for a can. Dana just seems like he has a lot of fighters by the balls.

Really? I don't think anyone in the UFC is worth folding over.

I don't either! #1 Jon is NOT the big draw he likes to pretend he is.....Anderson, GSP, Ronda, & recently Weidman are bigger draws.....#2. Jon has earned the title of agitator & whiner. He is the most vocal whiner of all the belt holders...He is becoming a big pain in the ass (i.e. embarrassment) to Dana & company. It may end in Jon being an example of what can happen to those who don't follow the company line. Jon should tread carefully. Because the "eye poking incidents", complaints of dirty fighting, & now accusations of ducking, picking and choosing opponents, Jon's negativity ratings are at an all time high...This is NOT a time to be picking fights with management, the timing could NOT be worse! My advice is cool your heels Jon!

You guys will never let this go will you. lol

Last time Jones put his foot down in regards to not fighting who the UFC wanted, 151 was canceled. If JBJ really wants his next fight to be DC, then it probably will be.

I don't see it that way. I think that Dana and the UFC are smart enough not to let that happen. They allow one guy to dictate who the challenger is and then all will try and do it. They want to maintain their power and decision making,

It would be the worse thing for the UFC to allow jon to dictate who he fights, especially if it's all over the media. The may move the fight, post pone it, but jon jones is fighting Gus one way or another.

I don't see it that way. I think that Dana and the UFC are smart enough not to let that happen. They allow one guy to dictate who the challenger is and then all will try and do it. They want to maintain their power and decision making,

It would be the worse thing for the UFC to allow jon to dictate who he fights, especially if it's all over the media. The may move the fight, post pone it, but jon jones is fighting Gus one way or another.

I agree a fighter shouldnt dictate who he/she fights but the UFC cant force Jones to fight Gus. If Bones does ultimately refuse, then Dana should strip him of the title & let Gus/DC fight it out for the gold. The UFC could potentially use that backup option to even sway Jones into doing what they want but it just feels like a precedent has already been set by JBJ & he probably feels he has all the stroke in the world to get what he wants again.

Couldn

Back