If jones puts his foot down...

This of course entirely based on the fact Dana said it in the media to get fair weather fans to buy the subscription service.

Your fault for not learning your lesson by now about Dana selling fights with contenderships.

Agree'd. I'm a big Jones fan (one who thinks DC beats him though), but they can strip him of the belt if they want, the holder of the belt won't mean anything to me until Jones loses or leaves the UFC. But the UFC can look into it, belts aren't much more than a marketing tool at this point, Bellator LOVES to throw out interm championships like they are candy for example because then casuals get excited to see "champion vs champion" more so than they do when it's champion vs opponent who isn't an interim champ.

I don't either! #1 Jon is NOT the big draw he likes to pretend he is.....Anderson, GSP, Ronda, & recently Weidman are bigger draws.....

Basically Retired,

Retired,

Sadly probably although I think that's going to as her upcoming challengers just aren't of quality (unless they can get Cyborg or Holm after a win over a wrestler).

No one knows on Weidman, and after July 5th we still won't know as he is on a car with Ronda and other bigtime fighters. He might be a star but at the same time he might not be.
-----------------------------------
So they don't need him because they have two guys who are basically retired, a female who's popularity I speculate will be reduced within 2 years, and another fighter who Might be a star. Sounds like they need him to me.

Agree'd. I'm a big Jones fan (one who thinks DC beats him though), but they can strip him of the belt if they want, the holder of the belt won't mean anything to me until Jones loses or leaves the UFC. But the UFC can look into it, belts aren't much more than a marketing tool at this point, Bellator LOVES to throw out interm championships like they are candy for example because then casuals get excited to see "champion vs champion" more so than they do when it's champion vs opponent who isn't an interim champ.

While this may be true, the belt matters a lot to Jones, who used to refuse to sign fan's replica belts because he "worked to hard" to get his real one. I think he sees it differently than you, and Dana should take that into account. Now, I don't by any means agree with most of the stuff that Dana says, but he's definitely in the right here. When you have fighters starting to refuse top contenders their chance at the title, the sport will have taken a step in the direction of boxing, where we never got to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao.

Gus beat a journeyman, someone who isn't in the top 10 and was a ? Cormier is undefeated and doesn't have many miles left. Gus can afford to fight one more time. Cormier clearly deserves it.

giphy.gif

I agree with the fighters have some say in who they fight. I would also agree with Jones if the first fight was not a close decision. If fighters or managers have too much control in who they fight mma will end up like boxing which is what only 1 other person has taken notice of.

I also really want to see DC vs Jones, but Gus deserves the next fight.

Back