If Jones beats DC that means a lot not only for LHW but for HW too

Mmath never worked.
We know that the way Jones uses his size, Is his biggest weapon at lhw. He struggled with Gus, that was the same size. At HW, he would be crushed by guys like Bigfoot, Barnett, And Browne.

Against Gus he struggled because the Swede is a very very good fighter who has both the TDD and the striking. But he also has the speed which is may be the most important of his assets. He kept moving and kept striking. He did not allow JJ to pin him up against the cage/put him down and rough him up with elbows. He never left a stationary target and in the few instances he did JJ landed some pretty nice high kicks to his head.

JJ biggest weapon might be the way he uses hiss size but the size was not the decisive factor for his win against Gus. It was his heart and his KBing. Whereas Gus landed only with his hands, JJ landed with everything - legs, knees, elbows and hands. And he came victorious because at the very end he seemed to have found more strength, may be more cardio or character to push through. That deserves admiration.

And I am rooting against JJ in every single fight of his. I am def not his fan, just try to stay objective

As to the HW's u mentioned:

BF does not have the speed to deal with smaller and faster HW. The speed is his Achilles heel. He almost got KO'd by Kyle so, yeah, I'm pretty sure JJ can mess him up.

The fights against Brown and Barnett will be very interesting and I would not pick winner in those. Would love to watch though

Last edited:
I do not think he's the LHW GOAT yet becuase before he fought Gus he fought fighters who were either mid-level or fighters who had their primes 10 years ago in Pride. I.e. he hadnt face real competition of a young and hungry top fighter

Now there are challenges for him that are big, real and belong to his day and age. All three - DC, AJ and Gus are what the division lacked when Bones climed on top of it and only when he beats DC and AJ (I do not even think he needs to win that Gus rematch cause imo he won that fight) he'd be the LHW GOAT.

Of course what I just wrote is my point of view.

Let's think about this with facts.
Shogun was 29 and UFC champ beating the undefeated Machida.
Machida was champ two years prior when he fought Jones with one loss. Rashad was champ two years prior with one loss on his record and Rampage was champ three years prior.
NONE of these guys were mid level. Not while holding records with one loss and being recent champions excludes them from being over the hill.
what you've said is just careless misinformation.

infact their credentials all exceeded Gus and AJ at the time.

Let's think about this with facts.
Shogun was 29 and UFC champ beating the undefeated Machida.
Machida was champ two years prior when he fought Jones with one loss. Rashad was champ two years prior with one loss on his record and Rampage was champ three years prior.
NONE of these guys were mid level. Not while holding records with one loss and being recent champions excludes them from being over the hill.
what you've said is just careless misinformation.

infact their credentials all exceeded Gus and AJ at the time.

My point is Machida and Shad were never a dominant championship material. Lyoto had a good success against grapplers and Evans had good success against guys that lack grappling.

Lets look at the facts

Look at Shogun's and Page's recored after they came to UFC. And yet they were still ruling the division with its claimed new superstars in the face of Machida and Shad.

Non of them can beat JJ or Gus or AJ or DC. They were good but never THAT good.

Shad's best win was against over the hell Chuck and Lyoto who murdered Evans arguably lost twice to Shogun, whose record after he came to UFC and all the surgeries has looked fairly inconsistent.

Back