IF Jon Jones losses

I see what your saying but I'm comparing the fight with OSP to his dominating fights against top 5 killers. OSP isnt a slouch but still not one the prime Jones couldn't have stopped with ease.

OSP is not some bum.

Jones beat him soundly.

Jones is not some legendary KO artist or submission finisher.

He did what he always does...he won.

I genuinely find it bewildering that MMA fans fail to recognise the achievements of one of the greatest fighters of our sport.

You're preaching to the choir my friend.

I am a Jones fan through and through.

I just think it's silly to quote coaches as a reasonable source for pre-fight information.

Here is the far fetched scenario but always possible:

WHEN Jon Jones returns.....and IF he loses a close decision to DC, Then lets say he goes on to lose to Alexander Gustafsson in a rematch by TKO and then fights Jimi Manuwa and loses by knockout. Would this effect him being still in the GOAT discussion?

Well...

His popping, took him out of that conversation, imo.

But, IF Jon was to lose to Cormier. I'll just assume, there would be an automatic trilogy.

But, I don't think DC would want the auto trilogy. If DC stuck to his guns. And told that lying fuck Dana, to kiss his ass. A rematch with Gus, does seem to be the most obvious next step.

So, I see it going a different direction than the TS. But, who really knows ?

His next couple of fights could easily take him out of contention. Even in the minds of those that condone/excuse cheating.

His next fight, is quite literally, the biggest of his career. A couple straight losses would remove him from EVERYBODY's GOAT list, most likely. How could they do otherwise ?

But, he is NOT even in the GOAT conversation.

Not for people like myself.

I genuinely find it bewildering that MMA fans fail to recognise the achievements of one of the greatest fighters of our sport.
No doubt, if he comes back and wipes the floor with DC then I dont see anyone right now beating him. I just cant wait to see which Jones we have now. He has aged, he has a new ego/personality. Does he still care about fighting like he says he does? We will see. I hope he stays clean.

Well...

His popping, took him out of that conversation, imo.

But, IF Jon was to lose to Cormier. I'll just assume, there would be an automatic trilogy.

But, I don't think DC would want the auto trilogy. If DC stuck to his guns. And told that lying fuck Dana, to kiss his ass. A rematch with Gus, does seem to be the most obvious next step.

So, I see it going a different direction than the TS. But, who really knows ?

His next couple of fights could easily take him out of contention. Even in the minds of those that condone/excuse cheating.

His next fight, is quite literally, the biggest of his career. A couple straight losses would remove him from EVERYBODY's GOAT list, most likely. How could they do otherwise ?

But, he is NOT even in the GOAT conversation.

Not for people like myself.
I always felt Anderson Silva was/is the GOAT of my time but I think when a fighter starts to lose regularly to fighters he shouldnt have lost to a year earlier, as well as popping for the roid/dick drug kinda makes the water muddy for me with him. I really dont know who I consider the GOAT at this point. Jones I suppose but again enhancing yourself with a drug of any kind hurts your legacy.

Jon has the best run of all time, IMO. If he loses it wont destroy that legacy, and hopefully he comes back better for it.

The Jones that fought OSP vs the last Gus we saw fight Glover. My money is on Alexander.

OwpZL_s-200x150.gif
Whatever man....

Gustafson on his best day couldn't beat Jones on arguably his worst day.

His greatest mixed martial arts accomplishment is losing to Jon Jones.

If AG ever manages to string together enough wins to warrant another fight against him, Jones is going to beat him soundly.

Tested positive for steroids and his defense was that he has taken them his entire career. Basically a 0-0 fighter getting gifted a title shot.

I always felt Anderson Silva was/is the GOAT of my time but I think when a fighter starts to lose regularly to fighters he shouldnt have lost to a year earlier, as well as popping for the roid/dick drug kinda makes the water muddy for me with him. I really dont know who I consider the GOAT at this point. Jones I suppose but again enhancing yourself with a drug of any kind hurts your legacy.

That's all I've ever said.

It's up to you if popping takes a fighter out of contention. But, as Jones, and Silva both still occupy two of the top 5 GOAT slots, according to " mma reporters ".

It seems very few people care about the legitimacy of GOAT rankings.

So, I just keep my criteria. If a person is dishonest. They'll keep the Jones', Silva's, and Cyborg's in their tainted rankings.

That doesn't mean I have to accept their rankings. Or can't protest them.

agreed. If the Jones that fought OSP shows up to fight the GUS that fought Glover Jones is in a bit of trouble.

"The Jones that fought OSP" Aka the most technically sound Jones has ever looked:

Turned the fight into a sparring session, and easily won.

jones is a juices which enhanced performances duh. off the juice he probably loses to dc and gus.

That's all I've ever said.

It's up to you if popping takes a fighter out of contention. But, as Jones, and Silva both still occupy two of the top 5 GOAT slots, according to " mma reporters ".

It seems very few people care about the legitimacy of GOAT rankings.

So, I just keep my criteria. If a person is dishonest. They'll keep the Jones', Silva's, and Cyborg's in their tainted rankings.

That doesn't mean I have to accept their rankings. Or can't protest them.
Yeah your right. I mean look at Renan Barao 34-4 or Miguel Torres 44 wins 9 losses...during their undefeated tenures they very rarely were considered a GOAT. Same with Mighty Mouse, just now hes getting in the GOAT discussion. Some even already consider Conor McGregor the Goat but .....Im not one of those people lol

"The Jones that fought OSP" Aka the most technically sound Jones has ever looked:

he was fighting a one armed man I would hope it would look like that

Agreed.

He trounced OSP and barely broke a sweat doing it.

Yet so many mouth-breather know-nothings try to use this great performance as a slight?

#PeopleAreDumb

I dont know about that now, think about it... we havent seen Jones in a fight after a layoff this long. He was laid off for a short period and fought once against OSP and didnt look like the same Jon Jones. OSP had a broken arm I believe in that fight as well. Hes coming back from being inactive a long time.
OSP's arm was broken because Jon broke it with a kick bro, there's no way any commission outside of Brazil would let someone come into a fight with a broken arm.

Honestly, Jones seems the type that could lose just one and then would totally and completely snowball. There are guys like Conor that can bounce back, have the awareness and mental fortitude to bounce back, but Jones seems to be like Ronda or Travis Browne that would just snowball out of control and turn into gobshite.

Also, let's be real: Jon is very well going to look like shit without the roids. Only incredibly mentally weak fighters juice in the USADA era and get busted for it and he must have been HOOKED to get caught in the USADA era. That OSP Jones was clean Jon, and sorry guys, that wasn't the same fighter that beat Shogun, Machina, Gus, Cormier or Glover: clean Jones is a mid road headcase that is one KO away from snowballing into a winless fighter and ending up in jail.

he was fighting a one armed man I would hope it would look like that

What does OSP have to do with Jones throwing strikes at a higher technical level right from the jump of the fight? For example OSP having one arm did not make Jones throw his kicks more technically correct than he has in any other fight, which he was doing before the arm break btw.

Back