If John Jones was driving 75 in a 30 zone in Ontario Canada ...

No he wouldn't lol, I've done 150 in a 90 and got 120$ speeding ticket multiple times. The exact same thing would have happened in Canada as it would have in the states. Stop whining.

I'm from Ottawa so here's a story. My brother was doing like 46km/h over once while he was driving a company truck to his next job. Cop pulled him over asking why he was going so fast and he explained that he had to make it to the next job within a certain time frame or he'd get in trouble with his manager as the client had been hounded the company for hours. Cop said "okay, let me ask you a question."

"Now you were doing 46km/h over the speed limit. You realize that's almost as high over the speed limit as you can possibly go under our laws right? Now I could give you this speeding ticket saying you were doing 46km/h over the limit which will run you like X amount of dollars... or I could give you a ticket for refusing to obey a government sign (or something like that) which will run you about $100 more (or whatever). Which do you want?"

"I'll take the sign one."

"And why's that? You know that it costs more money right?"

"Yeah, but if I take the speeding ticket then my insurance will go up and that'll cost me even more. So I'd rather pay $100 more now then pay more for the rest of my life on insurance."

"Smart fellow. Here's your sign ticket."

Now obviously something like this doesn't happen every time, but in our experience Ontario cops, so long as they're not OPP who are just straight dicks and don't give a fuck, will try and help you out most of the time. They're reasonable guys for the most part.

Not to mention that 9/10 the cop sure as shit is not showing up in court if you fight any ticket you get lmao.

I don't...dumb thread...

And you know what's funny, I didn't even realize it was you that posted. I read it...seemed like a post where someone is just wanting to post, just to post...made little to no sense...wasteland.

I have nothing against you buddy, but come with something a little more informative that may want to spark people into deeper conversation. This....is not that.
I agree this thread sounds like someone posted a thread just to post a thread......what I don't agree... is you thinking all these other threads that's getting posted these days are doing something completely different to what this TS did....by your logic i'd say about 99% of threads these days should be put in wasteland...

I'm not saying it's not, I'm saying police are lenient as hell in Ontario Canada where I'm from, as well as the countless other friends of mine who have been caught driving 50 over and got nothing more then a slap on the wrist, if you are nice and respectful to a cop and actually admit to being an idiot you will get treated nicely in return (most of the time) in Canada.
In your case I'm guessing and as well as the only other person I know who gets hassled by cops are just a prick who insists he's in the right when clearly he's not.
Good thread thoug man, solid work.

I live in the 6six.
I have never been pulled over, however I am a manager at a large insurer.
GOOD LUCK NOT PAYING 15K a year premium after a STUNT DRIVING CHARGE

Yeah it's dairly shocking to me the american attitude to driving. Like none of it mattered. Comedians, i've even heard MMAfighting's Luke Thomas almost bragging recently about drunk driving.

If the cop that pulled of Jones was not a fanboy and if this happened in a country with stricter laws against driving offensive would you feel stronger re. Jone's "traffic violation" ?

A cop pulled off Jon Jones?? Does that help Jones' good behaviour or is that considered bad behaviour?

He would be Charged with:

Stunt Driving.
Arrested on the spot.
Vehicle impounded and crushed into a tiny cube.
Brought in front of the courts and possibly lashed.

Now, my question to you is......

If the cop that pulled of Jones was not a fanboy and if this happened in a country with stricter laws against driving offensive would you feel stronger re. Jone's "traffic violation" ?
I STILL FEEL HE SHOULD OF BEEN PUT IN JAIL.................... totally incompetent Police Officer kissing his azz............ fuk that shit. NO RESPECT

My question is this, was he driving on a suspended license? If so, then yeah it's pretty serious. That would mean his license was suspended for felony hit and run. Here in my state, he's going to jail on the spot. You cant drive on a suspended license for a felony and avoid jail time here.

Yeah it's dairly shocking to me the american attitude to driving. Like none of it mattered. Comedians, i've even heard MMAfighting's Luke Thomas almost bragging recently about drunk driving.
I heard that as well and it made me cringe.
The cops should have arrested him, I would laugh if for some reason his insurance broker heard him bragging about that... I would jack his rates up so high he would be taking the bus

I live in the 6six.
I have never been pulled over, however I am a manager at a large insurer.
GOOD LUCK NOT PAYING 15K a year premium after a STUNT DRIVING CHARGE

Ok, well neither myself or Jon Jones will be paying those premiums because neither of us have stunt driving on our records, thanks again for the great thread.

Not going to lie... I'm amazed he got away with that one.

Over here it'd be:
-6 points on his 12-point license.
-Confiscated car.
-1,500 euro fine for speeding.
-Possibly 2 years in prison plus 15,000 euro fine for driving without a license.
-3,750 euro for driving without insurance.
2 years in prison for speeding? Fuck France

Stunt Driving.
Arrested on the spot.

And if two guys held hands in certain parts of the world they would be put to death.
Are we supposed go by the laws of every other country/state except the one we're in?

2/10 at least you tried.

Last edited:
My question is this, was he driving on a suspended license? If so, then yeah it's pretty serious. That would mean his license was suspended for felony hit and run. Here in my state, he's going to jail on the spot. You cant drive on a suspended license for a felony and avoid jail time here.

He has a valid license, he just didn't have it on him.

Stunt Driving.
Arrested on the spot.

But he was not caught in Ontario, Canada.

If Nick Diaz was caught smoking weed a second time in Japan, he'd be thrown in jail for years. If he were caught in Singapore with say a pound of weed, he would be facing the death penalty. If Julianna Pena got drunk and kicked a man in the balls in an Islamic nation, she would probably be stoned to death.

Moot point entirely.

Back