IF JDS loses how long before he gets another title shot?

I would guess maybe 3 fights or so in case he wins in a good way. Unless the UFC recruits new prospects, or existing ones show that they can improve (Browne is decent but not a world beater), it will always be JDS and Cain, potentially Werdum at the top.

He should probably be cut if he loses. Need to give others a chance at the UFC.

I agree with this. If JDS loses it proves that he is clearly out of his prime and on the downslide of his career. Bellator or WSOF will be a good home for him

Depends on how he gets beaten I spose, maybe he fights Bigfoot if he beats Hunt and if he brutalises him in the first he gets another shot. I love seeing these two fight anyway so I've got no problem if they fight seven times.

You don't like Bigfoot, do you? ;)

He will lose in devastating fashion to Cain so he will never get a shot again unless Cain retires or somehow loses to someone else.

So I'm assuming Mir vs. Overeem winner...Cormier vs. Big Nelson WInner
&Josh Barnett vs. whoever he's fighting winner..

I dont think all those winners are going to wait around for JDS to beat the fuck out of them. I think he Reem fight could and should happen if JDS loses and Reem wins.

Depending on the nature of his loss. If its a controversial stoppage or a split decision, he might get a rematch within 1 fight.
If its decisive like the last fight, 3-4 fights

no just no! He's top 3 in the HW division you should only be cut if you drop considerably from the rankings in this case he won't

If he loses twice (to the same guy no less!) how can you justify him not being sent to Bellator or retiring? Would love to hear your reasoning on this...

If he loses twice (to the same guy no less!) how can you justify him not being sent to Bellator or retiring? Would love to hear your reasoning on this...

Penn, Hughes, Franklin, Sonnen, Bendo, Edgar, Big Nog all lost to the same guy twice and they still fought in the UFC.

This trilogy happened way too quickly. JDS should have one more fight and Werdum should have been in his place.

It's not 'if' JDS loses, it's 'when' he wins.

Thread is mute.

about 3-4 wins. Unfortunately I dont see JDS beating Cain unless he makes some serious improvements to his footwork and cardio.

2 or 3. Considering Werdum has the next shot and then they'll prob give the winner of Barnett vs Browne the one after that.

Some fights, but I dont really care. I just wanna see that fight with both fighters 100%. No excuses!

If it's a close fight he'd get another title shot by the end of next year.

Penn, Hughes, Franklin, Sonnen, Bendo, Edgar, Big Nog all lost to the same guy twice and they still fought in the UFC.

This trilogy happened way too quickly. JDS should have one more fight and Werdum should have been in his place.

I was making a funny.

what everyone else is saying, about 2-3 years (3-4 fights)

who knows?? I think he will get another one eventually tho.

JDS has the right mentor because he is going to play Nog's role while Cain plays Fedors. Just gotta learn to live with being 2nd best not the worst thing in the world.

2-3 wins when they realize no one beats him besides Cain.
Other way around too, Cain will be on a tear and they will realise JDS is the only one who can beat Cain.

Sounds about right, at least right now.

But both these guys are going to get older and may not be the best any more. 2-3 years from now, who knows? They may not be able to keep up with the younger, more powerful, "new breed" HW fighters, such as Todd Duffee.

Back