IF Israel loses his title, will you....

Anybody who steps in the cage with a top fighter like Romero deserves the utmost respect.

I'll mostly just be pleased he lost.

Yoel deserves that belt.

If he loses he is a can,if he wins he is a goat

The fact he just won the belt and wanted Yoel as his next fight should be commended. He’s a willing champion saying bring em all on. Not picking and choosing fights like others or jumping divisions. Hell, Costa is a scary dude and israel wanted to fight him too.

pretty sure if israel beats yoel and then costa, hes gonna fight Jon Jones at raider stadium in 2021

I respect that he takes the tough fights. But I still don't like him. I hope he loses to Romero

Israel should never disrespect Jones, hope Romero teach him lesson

Respect him for taking the fight most fans thought he would avoid, or criticize him for thinking his TDD, distance control and ground game was good enough to neutralize Yoels wrestling?
I will feel sorry for him, bc he thought that this is going to be an easy fight for him. He wanted to make his first defense, easy beating an 43 old on his way out of the sport, in his maybe last fight... and then Romero wins!
I will feel sorry for Israel, he should have won this easy.

No respect for fighting Yoel, he should have fought hungry guys that are on their way up, Costa, Cannonier or Shahbazyan

Last edited:
If Yoel beats him legitimately, then whatev. I just hope there's no Traditional Yoel Controversy™ in this one.

I'd prefer if Izzy remained champion, he's my favourite fighter to watch right now. Love his striking style and his ability to escape from getting grapple fucked. I like Yoel but he's up there in age, allegedly.

Him winning or losing shouldn’t affect you respecting him for taking the fight in the first place. Which you should, because no one wants to fight Yoel. Even if you win that sob fucks you up in the process

I still think Romero is the most dangerous guy to fight simply because he explodes and manages to land the most random shots from outta nowhere. That unpredictability combined with his athleticism makes him scary as hell since you won't know what to expect. Even though Costa beat him, he's way more straight forward and would be a much easier fight for Izzy.

Nothing but respect

The guy is still amongst the very best fighters in the world and that in itself is a huge accomplishment

Also this is an if scenario so not much point in this thread

He has my respect already for not being a bitch and taking the hard fight. Yoel is a scary mofo regardless of his recent losses and most guys won't take that fight.

Also if Yoel wins, it's not going to be because of his wrestling. He won't wrestle. He doesn't have the cardio for it. He'll try to land that one punch and sleep Israel.

If he losses the upcoming fight, it won't be due to Romero's wrestling.

It's MMA anyone can win, it's part of the sport as long as it's a good fight may the best man win.

Nothing but respect for Izzy for representing us skinny dudes in the sport of MMA and taking on the bulkiest, most muscular SOB of the division - win or lose.

Back