IF Israel loses his title, will you....

I appreciate having a champ who wants to fight often and take on all the contenders so certainly won't be shitting on him for it if he loses. If that happens I'll be very interested to see how he reacts to the loss both personally and in his next performance.

Haters are already hating on Yoel to diminish a potential Stylebender win, Yoel is still one of the most if not the most dangerous fight in the division.

Israel should never disrespect Jones, hope Romero teach him lesson

You got it backwards. Jones is the one who disrespected Isreal. Jon started the whole the beef. And he is the one that needs to stop looking down on people.

You have to respect him. He's literally clearing the division, only fighting the best guys.

That’s what the belt holder does...in every division. Real Champs don’t tend to get matched up against the gatekeepers - unless they’ve long since cleared the division and Izzy hasn’t even defended.

He already has my full respect. He may be over the top for some (he is at times for me), but he's still a proven warrior.
Yup.

He has taken on the best guys, took a tough fill in fight which was very fan friendly, he has around 100 pro fights including kickboxing.

Dude is 100% true warrior.
Win or lose.

That’s what the belt holder does...in every division. Real Champs don’t tend to get matched up against the gatekeepers - unless they’ve long since cleared the division and Izzy hasn’t even defended.

Bisping and Cejudo spring to mind when thinking about champs that don't want tough fights.

Is he really the champ if he isn't the best in the division?

If he should avoid the fight then clearly Romero is better I don't get it. Respect either way but I don't understand what's trying to be inferred here.

Respect him for taking the fight most fans thought he would avoid, or criticize him for thinking his TDD, distance control and ground game was good enough to neutralize Yoels wrestling?
Respect him for taking on all opponents, unlike the Mayweathers of the fight game (picks his opponents at the least dangerous points of their careers) he has the balls to go out there and do it. I like his fight style and I like his personality hopefully he can have a run as champ

Back