"If I have to fight chandler again, it's because bellator wants it that way"

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by CardinalAqua, May 22, 2014.

1. CardinalAqua

CardinalAqua Purple Belt

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
  2. Edmond Rousey

Edmond Rousey Blue Belt

Eddie should fight Brooks next. Let Chandler go through a 4 man tourny.

3. Roger FedorAIR

Roger FedorAIR It ain't easy being white Senior Moderator

LOL, Eddie told them he'd be out 6 weeks, and they still went and made an interim belt.

Seems like Eddie is saying that this could get messy. Even though, the next matchup to make couldn't be more obvious, with Alvarez/Brooks...

It's a pretty tough sell now to go ahead and force the trilogy, when you now have a champ and an interim champ who BOTH want to fight each other.

But something tells me Bellator can't cope with the idea that Alvarez could possibly end up beating both Chandler AND Brooks, and then sign with UFC.

Hope Bellator just does the right thing, but something tells me that this is going to get ugly...

4. 99Silva

99Silva Banned Banned

He needs to fight the interim champ plain and simple.

5. INTERL0PER

INTERL0PER Brown Belt

I agree with Eddie. The fight to make is against Brooks.

But as a fan, I have to say that I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see Alvarez and Chandler throw down one more time.

Although, thinking about it now, maybe it'd be fitting. Two of the best fights of all time, and they end it with one a piece.

Fuckin' Bellator and their interim belts, man. Shit is getting ridiculous.

6. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

Lol at an interim belt for a 6 week injury. Like it mattered for the PPV buys.

Bellator need to make the bite the bullet and make the fight with Brooks, he didn't ask for there to be an interim belt, they made it for a 2 weeks notice fight and it backfired on them.

7. Cyantist

Cyantist Red Belt

I'd like to see Eddie vs Chandler 3, but im more interested in Brooks vs Eddie right now

8. BionicCommando

BionicCommando Silver Belt

Honestly when it comes to concussions, I can understand Bellator's rolling with an interim title as quickly as possible. God forbid but imagine if this turned into a TJ Grant situation with Eddie.

9. ShaolinSubzz

ShaolinSubzz Brown Belt

100% right. He matches up well against Brookes to be fair - far better then Chandler. I think this would work out well for Bellator, it would give Brookes the fight he deserves, most likely Eddie would retain the title and then that would line up the Chandler superfight and place Brookes in a better position experience wise to deal with Eddie the next time they meet

10. DrGlaze

DrGlaze Dank Belt

The funny part is, if this wouldn't have been for an interim belt, Chandler would've won a majority decision. Bellator shot themselves in the foot.

11. SilentM

SilentM White Belt

Alvarez is 99.9% likely done with Bellator after his next fight, win or lose. If he ever fights Chandler again it will be in the UFC.

12. UJustGotChaeld

UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

I was about to tell you that you are wrong, but you aren't, you are right. Every time I hear someone say majority decision it's always used wrong, you actually used it right.

13. UJustGotChaeld

UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

There won't be a next time. Eddie has 1 more fight and win/lose/draw he is free to leave. If he wins, he is 100% guaranteed to go to the UFC. Even if he loses it's likely.

14. ThatBJJGuy

ThatBJJGuy Brown Belt

Eddie stfu

it's your fault for getting injured

15. ThatBJJGuy

ThatBJJGuy Brown Belt

yeah when both are on some losing streak and 3 years past their prime and uFC put it on facebook

oh UFC how your rematches always come 8 years too late...i.e shogun vs lil nog

16. DrGlaze

DrGlaze Dank Belt

Thanks man, i've seen a lot of people use it wrong too. At first I had to double check only one judge gave Brooks a 10-8.

17. PIT FIGHTER

PIT FIGHTER YAMMA Pit Fighter

Brookes should call out Curran.

18. Bigj383

Bigj383 Gold Belt

I'm glad Eddie made it clear he wants to fight Brooks. This way if Eddie vs Chandler 3 gets made we know it's because Bellator is playing favorites or politics as Bjorn use to say.

19. PIT FIGHTER

PIT FIGHTER YAMMA Pit Fighter

I definitely respect Eddie for wanting to fight the Brookes. It makes it look like he cares more about the Bellator championship than Bjorn if the promotion pushes for the rubber match vs Miguel.

20. Torrid

Torrid Cunning Linguist

It was a concussion right? Who really knows if it will be 6 weeks. I mean, we all hope it will be, but look at TJ Grant. Head trauma is really tricky.

Personally, I want to see him fight Chandler again. I really couldn't give a fuck about Bellator's belt legitimacy. You have Eddie, Chandler, and Brookes - then just everyone else. No one is on their level and the one guy that's putting it all together (Patricky) is injured. Fuck it - Eddie vs Chandler 3, the Chandler vs Brooks 2.

The whole, 'title shots are earned, not given' is so far out the fucking window, why even try and cling to it? Rebney defenestrated that ideology with Newton / Mo 2 and Curran / Strauss 3. Just put together the fights we want to see. If it comes with a shiny piece of bullshit, that's cool, but I really don't care.

Last edited: May 22, 2014