"If I have to fight chandler again, it's because bellator wants it that way"

I definitely respect Eddie for wanting to fight the Brookes. It makes it look like he cares more about the Bellator championship than Bjorn if the promotion pushes for the rubber match vs Miguel.

Yeah, if Bellator forces the Chandler v Alvarez 3 after these comments, that "interim title" they created is gonna look like a complete joke. It will be quite obvious that the interim title was created because Bjorn and co assumed Chandler would win and they could promote Chandler v Alvarez 3 as a title unification bout.

Yeah, if Bellator forces the Chandler v Alvarez 3 after these comments, that "interim title" they created is gonna look like a complete joke. It will be quite obvious that the interim title was created because Bjorn and co assumed Chandler would win and they could promote Chandler v Alvarez 3 as a title unification bout.

it was a complete joke to begin with.

Eddie should fight Brooks, but if it ends up with him fighting Chandler.....I'm not going to bitch about it.

Well played Eddie! Well Played!

Wonder if he wants the Chandler trilogy at all, afterwards... Wouldn't blame him if he didn't care, but it would be a shame to lose it.

it was a complete joke to begin with.

Eddie should fight Brooks, but if it ends up with him fighting Chandler.....I'm not going to bitch about it.

Yes, but it will be blatantly obvious if they force Chandler v Alvarez 3.

WTF is the purpose of an interim belt if they don't make the champion (if healthy) fight the interim belt holder.

Well played Eddie! Well Played!

Wonder if he wants the Chandler trilogy at all, afterwards... Wouldn't blame him if he didn't care, but it would be a shame to lose it.

Yeah I doubt Eddie gives a fuk about the trilogy at this point. I'd say he is ready to get his last fight with Bellator over with.

WTF is the purpose of an interim belt if they don't make the champion (if healthy) fight the interim belt holder.

what is the purpose of an interim belt when the champ (vegh) was already healthy???

it's just what they do.

The only reason I can think of, is that it turned the fight into a five round affair instead of three (it was originally scheduled for five, but obviously the champ pulled out). Keep in mind it was moved from the headline for Page / Mo, and no one wanted five rounds of that.

Bjorn never said that Alverez 100% had to fight Chandler next. He said he wasn't sure about the wording of the contract and that Alverez MIGHT have to fight Chandler next regardless.

Bjorn never said that Alverez 100% had to fight Chandler next. He said he wasn't sure about the wording of the contract and that Alverez MIGHT have to fight Chandler next regardless.

Bjorn said Eddie had the right to demand to fight Chandler next.

Eddie apparently isn't making that demand, so if we somehow still get Chandler v Alvarez 3 he is saying that it will be due to Bellator forcing it.

Eddie apparently isn't making that demand, so if we somehow still get Chandler v Alvarez 3 he is saying that it will be due to Bellator forcing it.
That's what I meant. At the time he said it, it was and remains true.
They MIGHT have to make Chandler vs Alverez 3 (if Eddie changes his mind) due to Eddie's contract.
Now that Eddie's said what he did, I doubt we'll see it.

with what Eddie is saying, it answers my question about whether he has to fight Chandler 2 and his contract, or if he can fight Brooks.

They MIGHT have to make Chandler vs Alverez 3 (if Eddie changes his mind) due to Eddie's contract.

Well, it's Looking like Bjorn is forcing Chandler v Alvarez. Despite Alvarez and Brooks campaigning to fight each other. Viator is gonna Viator I suppose. U still believe what Bjorn says.

You starting to realise pretty much everything Bjorn says is a lie yet?

Chandler gonna put Alvarez put cold and ufc won't want him

1. He should fight Brooks cause he is the interim champ, thats just common sense
2. You can't blame Bellator for the interim title because a concussion is a very tricky injury. It doesn't just go away after a set time. Look at TJ Grant, we still don't know when he's coming back.

1. He should fight Brooks cause he is the interim champ, thats just common sense
2. You can't blame Bellator for the interim title because a concussion is a very tricky injury. It doesn't just go away after a set time. Look at TJ Grant, we still don't know when he's coming back.

I disagree. Alvarez told them he needed 6 weeks. If he doesn't make that time table then maybe you start thinking about an interim title.

Also, I can certainly blame Bellator for creating an interim title that they only intended on honoring if a certain fighter won the interim title fight. They created a paper title. That belt Brooks has is the most meaningless belt in the history of combat sports.

Back