If Hendricks vs Lawler III is a close split decision or draw would UFC book fight IV?

If they have any mercy for the fans....then no

I would have loved this fight in 2016, after 3 fights from each guy against other fighters.

After part III, whoever loses will be screwed for years. There will be no point in trying to ascend for them, even if they are better than other contenders.

They are in the JDS position where they won't get a title shot for a long time unless the champ loses. If Werdum beats Cain then JDS is right back in the title heap and likely the first challenger.

So if Rory beats the winner then the loser probably will get a title shot in early 16 so long as they keep winning.

It doesn't matter what the fans think.

It all depends on how much $$$ is coming in.

$$$ and it's a close fight? "Quadohlohlollogy" incoming.

I am still hopeful they won't do the 3rd match ...

It doesn't matter what the fans think.

It all depends on how much $$$ is coming in.

$$$ and it's a close fight? "Quadohlohlollogy" incoming.

Where does the money come from? This isn't the NFL where sponsorships alone generate millions and millions. The only real money the UFC gets isfrom fans.

Just not elitist, purist fans who actually don't know shit.

On topic: They didn't give Edgar a fourth fight with Bendo ... And Edgar won thethird fight

I would have loved this fight in 2016, after 3 fights from each guy against other fighters.

After part III, whoever loses will be screwed for years. There will be no point in trying to ascend for them, even if they are better than other contenders.

Bingo

this is the problem you run into when you only think in the short term...you try and capitalize on the immediate hype, you ruin your product in the end.

Do I think the 3rd fight will be interesting yes, but I really don't want to see it. I'd rather them both fight another fight at least and then maybe...just maybe...I'd like to see them fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be another fight. I wouldn't want it to happen considering there are so many other guys in the division who deserve a title shot and I really don't want to relive the Cain/JDS saga again. Granted, they aren't identical situations because Cain pretty much beat the shit out of JDS for 10 rounds, but similar in that they were against the same fighter 3 fights in a row.

Back