If Hendricks vs Lawler III is a close split decision or draw would UFC book fight IV?

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Considering how close the previous decisions were, and the flows of the fights both of these outcomes are in the realm of decent probability.

What do you think?

UFC_171_2014_03_15_06476.jpg

23_D5761_E00000578_2864125_Lawler_right_is_declare.jpg

why not, the only reason they are doing this fight is because they think retards will continue to pay for multiple rematches...

So sick of seeing champs doing continuous rematches. With the lack of championship fights in general, not to mention certain champs always being injured... these trilogies just make things that much worse. Mix it up.

I don't want to see the same two dudes fight more than twice much less four times.

I would have loved this fight in 2016, after 3 fights from each guy against other fighters.

After part III, whoever loses will be screwed for years. There will be no point in trying to ascend for them, even if they are better than other contenders.

My big concern isn't a close but generally-accepted-as-correct decision, but any decision where it's generally accepted to be a bad call.

Even an insanely-close match where it's hard to find much consensus on the winner would leave less room for an immediate 4th match.

If the UFC has it's way, every fight card will be

Cain vs JDS (Big foot can fill in if JDS gets injured)
Mir vs Lesnar
Hendricks vs Lawler
Edgar vs Penn or Maynard.

Based on the first 2 fights you would have every reason to think the third would be a very close fight. Then we would still have no closure. When does it stop?

I would have loved this fight in 2016, after 3 fights from each guy against other fighters.

After part III, whoever loses will be screwed for years. There will be no point in trying to ascend for them, even if they are better than other contenders.

I don't get how Dana doesn't see that.. Same with with JDS and Cain.. He rushed the hell outta that rematch

what if hendricks and lawler keep beating each other back and forth but keep having really close fights...

will they just keep fighting each other forever?

gif-mindfuck-slug-recursion-389345.gif

I don't get how Dana doesn't see that.. Same with with JDS and Cain.. He rushed the hell outta that rematch

Yea. JDS could go on a rampage & KO 5 guys in a row, and STILL nobody would want Cain v JDS 4.

Probably not because the numbers for this are going to tank unless they stack the rest of the card.
Watched both 171 (bar) and 181, paying for 181 because it was an awesome card. But I have never seen such little interest from Sherdog as a whole in a title fight where the champion is as entertaining as Robbie.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about this rematch. Bring in Macdonald. Sweet Jesus.

Probably not because the numbers for this are going to tank unless they stack the rest of the card.
Watched both 171 (bar) and 181, paying for 181 because it was an awesome card. But I have never seen such little interest from Sherdog as a whole in a title fight where the champion is as entertaining as Robbie.

It's more because the challenger is Hendricks.

I have never seen such little interest from Sherdog as a whole in a title fight where the champion is as entertaining as Robbie.

We love Robbie and we want to see him fight lots of different people.

I also found Hendricks more entertaining when he was KO'ing guys to get to the top.

I'll watch the hell out of the rematch, I don't care. I just hope Hendricks comes to really fight this time.

Back