If Hendo wins, Jake Shields holds wins over two current UFC champions and 3/5 of current WW top 5

Beat Hendo, beat Woodley.
Updated WW rankings will look like that:

Champion : Woodley

1. Lawler
2. Wonderboy
3. Maia
4. Condit
5. Gastelum

401423.jpg

Shake bless.

And Hector Lombard and Jake Ellenberger wiped him out.

And Clay Guida holds victories over Pettis and dos Anjos.

Who gives a shit.

that's still one of the better promos theyve done

you know you do a good job promoting when you can get people hyped for 2 decision machines fighting for 25 minutes
I specifically remember this promotion because I was like DAMN, GSP might be in trouble. Then the fight happened and I wanted my money back. UFC gets you with those promo's though.

Too bad he's about as exciting as coffee cooling down
Cooled down coffee is epic, if it was too hot to begin with, because then its at the right temperature to drink, but it could also be shit if it cooled down too much and then you hadd gross coffee.

Either way you're right cos watching it cool down IS kinds boring.

I drove into the city to watch that. That fight was a total snooze but iirc Machida finished Couture with style that night.
I remember how hyped Dana was for him and GSP at the Rogers Centre

I personally had never been more excited for a fight

Then the fight let me down ;(

Jake is good, but I doubt he makes it back into the UFC.
Well that discussion is pointless because based on performance alone, he shouldn't have been cut in first place.
It was a decision based on his contract (strikeforce money) and him not being a draw at all.

And although it isn't as much of a black eye on his resume as it was prior to Saturday, you have to mention the TKO loss to Ellenberger if you are digging that far into the past for favorable wins.

The Ellenberger fight happened days after Shield's dad passed away and he refused to back out of the fight. Afterwards, he said his head wasn't in it.

Shields is one of the most accomplished fighters in MMA history. However, his fights are usually physically painful to watch.

Back