If Hendo wins, Jake Shields holds wins over two current UFC champions and 3/5 of current WW top 5

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
Beat Hendo, beat Woodley.
Updated WW rankings will look like that:

Champion : Woodley

1. Lawler
2. Wonderboy
3. Maia
4. Condit
5. Gastelum

401423.jpg

Shake bless.

But he's only scrub league quality!

Dana told me.

Styles and shit-talking make fights. Not MMAth.

Not denying Shields his due, but bringing up a 2006 win over Condit is kinda funny.

Last edited:
Not denying Shields his due, but bringing up a 2006 win over Condit is kinda funny.
Sure it wasn't the exact same fighter but neither was Shake, while it doesn't say that much, I just stated the facts, would be dumb to exclude Condit because it was some time ago and say 2/5 instead.

The problem is that Jake Shields does not have a big fan base and his style is not always exciting.

Him and Jon Fitch ultimately shared the same fate. Both had a good record, used him for a title defense and once they started to lose, kick them to the curb as fast as possible.

I remember how hyped Dana was for him and GSP at the Rogers Centre

I personally had never been more excited for a fight

Then the fight let me down ;(

Jake's the man. Took out the legend-killer Hendo and made it look easy

Too bad he's about as exciting as coffee cooling down

He did almost die in the first round. Got smashed in the first round but completely controlled the rest of the fight.

if your math is correct then Paul Harris is the GOAT
Beat Hendo, beat Woodley.
Updated WW rankings will look like that:

Champion : Woodley

1. Lawler
2. Wonderboy
3. Maia
4. Condit
5. Gastelum

401423.jpg

Shake bless.

He's just a Strikeforce fighter. We know they were all second rate and don't cut it at the UFC level.

Jake has the 3rd all-time resume at WW behind GSP and hughes. Lawler is 4th

I remember how hyped Dana was for him and GSP at the Rogers Centre

I personally had never been more excited for a fight

Then the fight let me down ;(

that's still one of the better promos theyve done

you know you do a good job promoting when you can get people hyped for 2 decision machines fighting for 25 minutes

Have any of you even SEEN that Woodley/Shields fight? Easily one of the most tepid 3 round fights I've ever witnessed.

After the first round that is. Makes that win even more impressive, controlling Dan for four rounds after eating an H-bomb.

He's a decision machine, half of those mentioned had one judge saying he lost the fight even. And although it isn't as much of a black eye on his resume as it was prior to Saturday, you have to mention the TKO loss to Ellenberger if you are digging that far into the past for favorable wins. Jake is good, but I doubt he makes it back into the UFC. He is a liability because of the things that you have mentioned, not an asset. Good enough to beat the top fighters, but boring enough to never be a big draw, even after clearing a division. No point in killing off guys who are marketable in favor of a guy who just isn't appealing to the now heavily targeted casual fans.

Back