1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If Hendo beats Machida......

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by gptreb, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gptreb

gptreb White Belt

Would he get the next shot at Jones or would Cormier?? What if Hendo somehow managed to beat Jon Jones. Seems like Cormier would be SOL since he doesn't want to fight Cain or Hendo.

2. JoseAldoKillaBe

JoseAldoKillaBe Black Belt

Hopefully Hendo......
    And if Cormier doesn't want to fight Hendo or Cain for the belt, guess that's his problem.

3. hoorah

hoorah Blue Belt

Definitely. Henderson will absolutely get the shot this time around.

4. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Blue Belt

I'd like Cormier to stay at HW, start making a name for himself in the UFC with a fight against Frank Mir. It's not a given that Cain gets by Overeem anyhow, so why give up on HW now?

And Hendo would be more deserving of the LHW title shot than Cormier with a win over a perennial contender in Lyoto Machida

5. kmasonbx

kmasonbx Brown Belt

Would his current win streak definitively be more impressive than Cormier beating Big Foot, Barnett, and Mir?

6. SimonNova

SimonNova Worship and forget

If Hendo manages to beat Machida well he BETTER get that shot and ASAP!

But Machida will beat Hendo so...expect Hendo to get a shot at Anderson at MW out of a titleshot loss in another weightclass, thats the new way apparantly.

7. HaulParris

HaulParris Gold Belt

If Hendo wins and is healthy, he'll get the next shot. If Cormier wins against Mir and can get down to 205, he'll get the shot after Hendo. If Hendo is injured, Cormier will meet Jones in a catchweight (225 or something). Meanwhile, Gustafsson and Glover will have one more fight each, and whomsoever wins more impressively out of the two of them gets the shot after Cormier/Hendo.

8. SamiMMA

SamiMMA White Belt

Why should Cormier have a titelmatch, makes no sence. His only legit win is against Barnett in HW and he did not impress in that match or any other(well little against bigfoot but he isnt even a top10).
    Hendo hands down!!! Or when he get hurt Alexander Gustafsson. Its crazy people are overseeing Gus, he has 6 straight Maincard wins (7-1 in UFC 15-1 MMA) and he has fought a couple of really tough guys(Vlady, Shogun, Thiago Silva and so on).
    2013 hopefully Dana gets his head out of his ass and gives a deserving titelshot to Gus so he can bring the belt to Sthlm!!!

9. rjmbrd

rjmbrd Gold Belt

I think a lot of people are unconvinced Cormier would be willing to cut the weight, let alone risk a title shot and PPV headliner over him being successful in making that first cut even if he did agree.

10. Joe_Armstrong

Joe_Armstrong Starfleet Belt

If Mir subs Cormier sherdog would explode..

11. Makestro

Makestro Orange Belt

I think cormier is going to fight at HW a bit more, so probably Hendo

12. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

In that case, Hendo should get the shot.

13. richmFTW

richmFTW Blue Belt

I think Hendo would get the next shot, hes older I think the UFC will account for that and give him his chance now

14. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Blue Belt

If you are trying to make a case for a title shot at 205? most definitely. IMO, Wins over Babalu, Feijao, Fedor (at HW), Shogun and Machida make a more compelling case

If you look at their opponents without regarding weight class distinctions, I do agree that Cormier's recent accomplishments would be just as impressive as Hendo's (Big Foot, Barnett, Mir).

So while I wouldn't mind Cormier challenging Jones for the 205 title without fighting at LHW prior to that, I think Hendo makes a more compelling case due to body of work at the actual weight class in which the title is for

15. JonesBones

JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

No. Dana is still pissed at him. Either Gus or Cormier will. Hendo will never get another title shot. He won't beat Machida anyway.

16. Ruv

Ruv Black Belt

Machida's my boy, but I wouldn't put anything past Hendo now, he's nearing the end of the road and still looking like an animal.

17. Judo gi**

Judo gi** Banned Banned

Why do you think Jon would fight at a 225 catchweight(or any catchweight) with Cormier? He's the champ. He doesn't go to the challenger. He doesn't owe him any favors.

18. maximus874

maximus874 Green Belt

Unless Chael wins. Big question of course. Don't think those two would fight.

19. Hideo

Hideo Purple Belt

That warrior spirit shit sure is dead nowadays

20. Judo gi**

Judo gi** Banned Banned

Warrior spirit is fine and all, but why should Cormier get to say "I aint budging Jon. Come and meet me at my weight." Like Jon has to be someone's bitch, and do them favors.