If Hendo beats Machida......

gptreb

White Belt
Reaction score
Would he get the next shot at Jones or would Cormier?? What if Hendo somehow managed to beat Jon Jones. Seems like Cormier would be SOL since he doesn't want to fight Cain or Hendo.

Hopefully Hendo......
And if Cormier doesn't want to fight Hendo or Cain for the belt, guess that's his problem.

Definitely. Henderson will absolutely get the shot this time around.

I'd like Cormier to stay at HW, start making a name for himself in the UFC with a fight against Frank Mir. It's not a given that Cain gets by Overeem anyhow, so why give up on HW now?

And Hendo would be more deserving of the LHW title shot than Cormier with a win over a perennial contender in Lyoto Machida

I'd like Cormier to stay at HW, start making a name for himself in the UFC with a fight against Frank Mir. It's not a given that Cain gets by Overeem anyhow, so why give up on HW now?

And Hendo would be more deserving of the LHW title shot than Cormier with a win over a perennial contender in Lyoto Machida

Would his current win streak definitively be more impressive than Cormier beating Big Foot, Barnett, and Mir?

If Hendo manages to beat Machida well he BETTER get that shot and ASAP!

But Machida will beat Hendo so...expect Hendo to get a shot at Anderson at MW out of a titleshot loss in another weightclass, thats the new way apparantly.

If Hendo wins and is healthy, he'll get the next shot. If Cormier wins against Mir and can get down to 205, he'll get the shot after Hendo. If Hendo is injured, Cormier will meet Jones in a catchweight (225 or something). Meanwhile, Gustafsson and Glover will have one more fight each, and whomsoever wins more impressively out of the two of them gets the shot after Cormier/Hendo.

Why should Cormier have a titelmatch, makes no sence. His only legit win is against Barnett in HW and he did not impress in that match or any other(well little against bigfoot but he isnt even a top10).
Hendo hands down!!! Or when he get hurt Alexander Gustafsson. Its crazy people are overseeing Gus, he has 6 straight Maincard wins (7-1 in UFC 15-1 MMA) and he has fought a couple of really tough guys(Vlady, Shogun, Thiago Silva and so on).
2013 hopefully Dana gets his head out of his ass and gives a deserving titelshot to Gus so he can bring the belt to Sthlm!!!

I think a lot of people are unconvinced Cormier would be willing to cut the weight, let alone risk a title shot and PPV headliner over him being successful in making that first cut even if he did agree.

I think cormier is going to fight at HW a bit more, so probably Hendo

I think Hendo would get the next shot, hes older I think the UFC will account for that and give him his chance now

Would his current win streak definitively be more impressive than Cormier beating Big Foot, Barnett, and Mir?

If you are trying to make a case for a title shot at 205? most definitely. IMO, Wins over Babalu, Feijao, Fedor (at HW), Shogun and Machida make a more compelling case

If you look at their opponents without regarding weight class distinctions, I do agree that Cormier's recent accomplishments would be just as impressive as Hendo's (Big Foot, Barnett, Mir).

So while I wouldn't mind Cormier challenging Jones for the 205 title without fighting at LHW prior to that, I think Hendo makes a more compelling case due to body of work at the actual weight class in which the title is for

No. Dana is still pissed at him. Either Gus or Cormier will. Hendo will never get another title shot. He won't beat Machida anyway.

Machida's my boy, but I wouldn't put anything past Hendo now, he's nearing the end of the road and still looking like an animal.

If Hendo wins and is healthy, he'll get the next shot. If Cormier wins against Mir and can get down to 205, he'll get the shot after Hendo. If Hendo is injured, Cormier will meet Jones in a catchweight (225 or something). Meanwhile, Gustafsson and Glover will have one more fight each, and whomsoever wins more impressively out of the two of them gets the shot after Cormier/Hendo.

Why do you think Jon would fight at a 225 catchweight(or any catchweight) with Cormier? He's the champ. He doesn't go to the challenger. He doesn't owe him any favors.

Why do you think Jon would fight at a 225 catchweight(or any catchweight) with Cormier? He's the champ. He doesn't go to the challenger. He doesn't owe him any favors.

That warrior spirit shit sure is dead nowadays

That warrior spirit shit sure is dead nowadays

Warrior spirit is fine and all, but why should Cormier get to say "I aint budging Jon. Come and meet me at my weight." Like Jon has to be someone's bitch, and do them favors.

Back