If Hendo beats Machida......

Warrior spirit is fine and all, but why should Cormier get to say "I aint budging Jon. Come and meet me at my weight." Like Jon has to be someone's bitch, and do them favors.

I agree with you on this btw. Cormier vs Jones should take place at 205 if Cormier wants it.

Would he get the next shot at Jones or would Cormier?? What if Hendo somehow managed to beat Jon Jones. Seems like Cormier would be SOL since he doesn't want to fight Cain or Hendo.

Cormier wants to fight Frank Mir first , Becuase of the Sonnen match , so depending who wins that match between Jones n Sonnen I think they will sit down an see the best match money wise lol. Most likely if Jones wins i see Hendo if he KO's Machida getting the match. Id rather see that then Cormier making his first 205 cut for the title :rolleyes:

Why should Cormier have a titelmatch, makes no sence. His only legit win is against Barnett in HW and he did not impress in that match or any other(well little against bigfoot but he isnt even a top10).
Hendo hands down!!! Or when he get hurt Alexander Gustafsson. Its crazy people are overseeing Gus, he has 6 straight Maincard wins (7-1 in UFC 15-1 MMA) and he has fought a couple of really tough guys(Vlady, Shogun, Thiago Silva and so on).
2013 hopefully Dana gets his head out of his ass and gives a deserving titelshot to Gus so he can bring the belt to Sthlm!!!

I agree that Gus is in line to get a shot but not quite yet. If Hendo knocks out Machida than yes I agree that he should fight for the belt but if machida wins in any kind of fashion have it be a flash knockout or a slick submission I see the UFC pairing him with rashad in the summer or fall for a rematch if rashad get's by lil nog. And by then gus should have fought glover or rampage or gets a shot at jones in the summer. But dont diss cormier. Dudes a monster and would beat just about anyone in any division. And will fight jones if cain keeps that belt and jones can get by sonnen and possibly Gus in the summer.

Why wouldnt he? He was supposed to get a shot before the injury

Why should Cormier have a titelmatch, makes no sence. His only legit win is against Barnett in HW and he did not impress in that match or any other(well little against bigfoot but he isnt even a top10).
Hendo hands down!!! Or when he get hurt Alexander Gustafsson. Its crazy people are overseeing Gus, he has 6 straight Maincard wins (7-1 in UFC 15-1 MMA) and he has fought a couple of really tough guys(Vlady, Shogun, Thiago Silva and so on).
2013 hopefully Dana gets his head out of his ass and gives a deserving titelshot to Gus so he can bring the belt to Sthlm!!!

It's crazy peoper are hyping Gus as the man to beat Jones. Alexander has one top-10 win (although he looked good in it) and when a good wrestler really tried to take him down, he lost the fight.
Guess that makes him a first contender in a division ruled by a wrestler.
He needs one more fight - Rashad, Cormier, a rematch with Davis or even fight with Sonnen to prove his tdd is ready for Bones.

If Hendo beats Machida and STILL doesn't get a title shot id fully expect him to H-Bomb Dana.

It's crazy peoper are hyping Gus as the man to beat Jones. Alexander has one top-10 win (although he looked good in it) and when a good wrestler really tried to take him down, he lost the fight.
Guess that makes him a first contender in a division ruled by a wrestler.
He needs one more fight - Rashad, Cormier, a rematch with Davis or even fight with Sonnen to prove his tdd is ready for Bones.

Agreed , He has notable wins .. but really a win over Shogun right now doesn't deserve you a Title Shot , but then again neither did losing to Anderson Silva .. Haha

Gus would get out-striked by jones Badly , an if it went to the ground it'd be even worse .. an i HATE JJ. But thats reality lol.

An i dont think Cormier is the guy to do it. I say when the time comes make the BEST possible matchup because realistically anyone that steps in there has at least a hitters chance to win. Im hoping to see Hendo get through Machida an get the shot he HAD.

why should Cormier get to say "I aint budging Jon. Come and meet me at my weight." Like Jon has to be someone's bitch, and do them favors.

Hmmm that's exactly what I was thinking about Silva wanting GSP to go up to MW and fight him.

Cormier would murderize Hendo... of course no way Hendo make it through Machida and JJ anyway, so bit of a moot point.

When Hendo beats Machida into a pulp he will get the next LHW title shot.

Hmmm that's exactly what I was thinking about Silva wanting GSP to go up to MW and fight him.

Hmmm that's precisely what I was thinking about fans expecting Silva to fight Jon Jones at Light Heavyweight. Hypocrisy right?

Definitely Hendo would deserve the shot, DC needs to at least fight at LHW once before the shot, who knows how the cut will go, also, its not a given that Cain makes it past Overeem, so why not have some HW bouts and climb the ladder since Jon wants to move to HW anyway

Cormier would murderize Hendo... of course no way Hendo make it through Machida and JJ anyway, so bit of a moot point.

I don't think he'll make it past Machida either, but if there's one person I'd never count out, it's Hendo.

Gus deserves the title shot more than Hendo, even if he win this fight against machida..

Unless Chael wins. Big question of course. Don't think those two would fight.

Hendo has stated a fight with Sonnen is possible. I doubt this fight will ever come to fruition unless it's a title fight.

Back