If HBK never returned in 2002 where would he rank? Still GOAT?

those are all real, shoot stories about HBK. Look it up if you don’t believe me. HBK is a pu$$y.
I find it interesting that you say Bret pulling Shawn's hair makes Shawn the wuss, Shawn getting his head slammed in a car door by a marine/marines while he's high as a kite makes him a wuss and lying about something he was made to lie about makes him a wuss.

I find it interesting that you say Bret pulling Shawn's hair makes Shawn the wuss, Shawn getting his head slammed in a car door by a marine/marines while he's high as a kite makes him a wuss and lying about something he was made to lie about makes him a wuss.

Shawn was as soft as baby shit. He wouldn't of survived being stretched in the Hart dungeon.

I don't trust either of their stories about anything. Bret's WCW run wasnt ideal, but he was involved in some good stuff.

I think you really have to reach to say he was involved in "good stuff". The Goldberg thing was about the only memorable moment he had, and it really wasn't all that special, just notable for actually being somewhat worth paying attention to, when compared to everything he had done in the company up until then.

His work isn't in question though. He always gave it his all. The angles though? Yeesh...

you left out the part where Shawn cried like a wuss

Unpopular opinion: I enjoyed HBK’s second run more than his first. Bret’s amazing as well, but HBK’s matches with Angle and Taker at Mania are probably better than any Bret match I can think of. On the GOAT list, I rank Shawn higher, although neither are the GOAT to me.

A748AD1B-CB3A-41D9-82A2-9AFEFEF42EFB.jpeg

Very weird but I never got over Shawn's ridiculous baggy pants gear he wore in his return. It looked absolutely ridiculous.

Like he borrowed Diesels pants

Bret is the GOAT. Hands down. Bret put the sharpshooter on and made HBK tap in 92. I never liked HBK. HBK seemed very effeminate and Vince and HBK seemed to have a weird relationship.

Bret is the best there is, best there was, best there ever will be and there’s a reason why they say that. The only reason why HBK gets any shine is because his backstabbing and backstage politicking and sucking up to Vince.

You know the Sharpshooter isn’t a real maneuver right?

I don't think the second half of his career is near as good as the first. Yes he had some good matches but overall I found it pretty forgettable. Still one of the best in ring performers but not the GOAT.

I actually liked his second half better. The matchesbwuth HHH, Y2J, Taker, Flair, and plenty of others

I actually liked his second half better. The matchesbwuth HHH, Y2J, Taker, Flair, and plenty of others
I think it's definitely arguable his matches were better but the storylines and angles he was were far less memorable

Yes it is. Say that to Bret and he will put you in sharpshooter and break your f*cking back!

I seriously doubt a 60 something year old stroke victim could break my back.

It just seems odd to cite someone tapping to a pro wrestling maneuver in a match where the outcome is predetermined as one of the reasons they’re a “female genitalia”.

No. Near the top but the "what if" question would be an asterisks on his career.

Matches with Taker, Jericho, Kurt, Benoit, Flair etc really solidifed it.

Anyway fuck him.

Very weird but I never got over Shawn's ridiculous baggy pants gear he wore in his return. It looked absolutely ridiculous.

We all liked our pants baggy back then.

I seriously doubt a 60 something year old stroke victim could break my back.

It just seems odd to cite someone tapping to a pro wrestling maneuver in a match where the outcome is predetermined as one of the reasons they’re a “female genitalia”.

I guess you missed all the other reasons I mentioned. Reading comprehension is not your strong point.

I agree.
pic

11286.jpg

Shawn being the GOAT is WWE narrative

Without the 2nd run, he's basically a borderline hall of famer. A guy who had a short run of greatness in the ring, but didn't draw at all as world champion. Edge had a better run for comparison sake. The 2nd run, puts him as definite hall of famer and one of the all-time greats.

Back