If Gus wins and gets a second crack at the title,

I count 6, maybe 7 subtle word usages there. How did everyone else go?

If it goes to another decision, just imagine all the blowback! It'll be as controversial as this guy.

wpid-screenshot_2013-04-27-09-43-34.png

Still, it'll die down, and then we can all celebrate.

Keith-Richards-and-Eric-Clapton-music-37670714-342-272.gif

Based on Gus beating on Jones (leaving physical damage) and Jones going to decision in his last three I see no reason to believe that Jones comes in and makes a statement unless this drug debacle leads him to square himself away and train/fight to prove a point. That still wouldn't mean that he can and will damage Gus en route to a stoppage victory.

Gus is obviously capable of busting up Jon. He's only ever one bloody cut away from a stoppage so it's not a stretch to think that he may get the belt this time.

Gustafsson handles him with relative ease in the rematch. He knows exactly what to expect from Jones now, knows he can stuff his takedowns with ease and get back to his feet, and he knows that he can outstrike him. The last time out he was too hesitant due to the threat of the takedown. That isn't going to make him reserved or hesitant to follow up on the shots he lands and committing fully to combinations. It'll look completely different but will likely start off the same as the last fight until Gustafsson's felt him out and has his range.

Too many of Jones' fans either don't know or they forget that Gustafsson is a finisher with very solid knockout power. When he unloads his opponents don't survive. He knocked Matyushenko out with his jab, caught him rushing in. So yeah, he hits pretty hard and has good boxing technique and really good footwork. Jon Jones is fucked.

do you think he will blow Jones away? I have a feeling he will coax him into a stand-up fight.

I just keep thinking about that infamous picture of Gus delivering a huge strike POW-da the face. I think it's a fine line between who'll win, they're both Class A athletes after all.

I'm sure both will want to keel over if it gets to the championship rounds. Whatever happens, I'm sure it's gonna ROCK!

And what about Jones saying he's more likely to move down to middleweight than up? Does he want to chase the dragon (Machida) in that division next?

Nah, Gus's best chance for a LHW title is to be intraveneous champ.

Jones has some razor sharp skills.

I mean Jones is a killer - and he is only 27 years old. He is sort of like a Young Assassin.

Jones will probably take on a few kilos and move to HW where he can go to Mexico and his hands on 'cain at the right price. Perhaps he'll even KO Cain.

And at HW there's a long line of contendors to beat, but...well we know what Jones does to long lines.

I mean Jones is a killer - and he is only 27 years old. He is sort of like a Young Assassin.

Jones will probably take on a few kilos and move to HW where he can go to Mexico and his hands on 'cain at the right price. Perhaps he'll even KO Cain.

And at HW there's a long line of contendors to beat, but...well we know what Jones does to long lines.

Oh lmfao KO Cain

200.gif

Jones can't catch up to Gustaffson's boxing experience so I think he will need the takedown. If he can get the takedown consistently or land a big head kick or spinning elbow I think he can win. I am shocked at how many people are saying Jones will win the rematch easily.

Jones can't catch up to Gustaffson's boxing experience so I think he will need the takedown. If he can get the takedown consistently or land a big head kick or spinning elbow I think he can win. I am shocked at how many people are saying Jones will win the rematch easily.

It isn't just the boxing either, it's the footwork that Jones can't match. The footwork that helps power Gustafsson's offense and defense, wrestling and striking. Gustafsson has better knockout power too and he's at least as physically strong as Jones. In their fight he muscled Jon around in every clinch situation and when defending some of the takedown attempts. It was clear he's at least as strong, likely stronger given that Jones got thrown to the ground even while Gustafsson was rocked badly. Mir mentioned Alex's strength before he fought Jones and said that he was really surprised by it. He saw Gustafsson 'tossing around large, strong heavyweights' when grappling with them at Robert Drysdale's gym.

I think he'll beat Jones and I think he will do it convincingly. They're both on a mission, and motivation will be sky high for both. Gus did incredible in his first five rounder, I think that fight was a huge learning experience for him and I think right now he improves faster than Jones. We will see soon enough.

It isn't just the boxing either, it's the footwork that Jones can't match. The footwork that helps power Gustafsson's offense and defense, wrestling and striking. Gustafsson has better knockout power too and he's at least as physically strong as Jones. In their fight he muscled Jon around in every clinch situation and when defending some of the takedown attempts. It was clear he's at least as strong, likely stronger given that Jones got thrown to the ground even while Gustafsson was rocked badly. Mir mentioned Alex's strength before he fought Jones and said that he was really surprised by it. He saw Gustafsson 'tossing around large, strong heavyweights' when grappling with them at Robert Drysdale's gym.

If Gus gets pass Rumble, I want a bet with you
sass2.png
ufdup.png

I hope his wrestling is top notch for this fight.

If Gus gets pass Rumble, I want a bet with you
sass2.png
ufdup.png

I've already got a bet with FallonFoxGoat for the Jones-Gustafsson rematch. An account bet. :wink: I put my $ where my mouth is, unlike 95% of Sherdog.

Gus has the tools and prove the last fight, but for all matters there is one thing that I learn:

You don't bet against Jones... Even if there are Cain and JDS against the guy... You still don't bet againt Jones...

I've already got a bet with FallonFoxGoat for the Jones-Gustafsson rematch. An account bet. :wink: I put my $ where my mouth is, unlike 95% of Sherdog.

If I can get a bet with you, I may have to get one with HeexX.

If I can get a bet with you, I may have to get one with HeexX.

And here we are again. Back to being someone's second choice. :icon_neut

Let's do it! :)

Nice. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back