If Fedor wants another warm up fight, with a slightly more skilled Fighter, here you go...

THECYNDlCATE

Inspector/Judge MMA/KB/Boxing
@Brown
Reaction score
Fedor's people are asking for this sumo guy to fight.

If they are looking for another green type Fighter to fight, then they should go with Jermaine Mcdermott(2-0) from Bellator.

I've mentioned it in another thread, but I really wanted this out in the forefront to bring attention to it and get opinions from people.

There actually has been talk about this, but apparently the sumo option is in front of Jermaine as an option. Jermaine is actually a step up for Fedor and I actually think people would approve of this fight, after its over. Before,... People that don't know Jermaine, will think that he is just another 2-0 guy brought in to lose, but Jermaine is legit. He has the tools to be champ anywhere and this would be a tough fight for Fedor.

Here is the video of his last fight in Bellator:

Fedor has beaten millions of MMA fighters what's him beating another MMA fighter gonna do to add to his legacy?

He has already demonstrated that Sambo is superior to MMA millions of times but is it superior to the ancient traditional martial art of Sumo? Unless Fedor fights Baruto that's gonna be a big question mark not only for Fedor but also for Sambo

Besides if he fights this guy he could get hurt and lose and that would make me cry

Jaideep is as obscure as it's going to get for a Fedor opponent, and at least with him there was a smidgen of recognition in Japan.

Teddy ain't fighting a completely unknown 2-0 Bellator fighter.

Jaideep is as obscure as it's going to get for a Fedor opponent, and at least with him there was a smidgen of recognition in Japan.

Teddy ain't fighting a completely unknown 2-0 Bellator fighter.

Jaideep wasn't a Bellator Fighter. He is more obscure than Jermaine is.

Either way, its a great fight.

What about the Easter bunny?
Its time that bitch gets whats coming to him.
Been all cocky and calling out people.

Rizin and Bellator are in the business of getting ratings and would have to sell the fight. The best option for your Rizin hopes, initially, is challenging Baruto in April and winner gets Fedor this Summer.

I suspect Fedor would punch him right in the face

Wait, Fedor just fought a guy who'd only had 2 MMA fights. He needs another "tune-up" against a different 2-0 fighter? How many years until he at least fights a mid-level, gatekeeper type?

Do you really think he cares about his "legacy?"

Absolutely

Fedor's mission in life is to demonstrate the superiority of combat sambo over all disciplines and thats why he needs to face a Sumo guy.

That's why he's gone back to Japan to get the type of fights that will solidify his legacy its why he needs to face a sumo guy,

In his prime he was 6-0 vs UFC champs (6-1 overall) so its pretty obvious that Fedor > UFC guys

Facing another MMA fighter makes no sense

Fedor's been running from Sumo guys all his life, He ducked plenty of Sumo's while in PRIDE and he just ducked another one in Baruto on New Years Eve.

Fedor knows he cant run forever and he's getting ready for Baruto right now. That's why he's training with Kiril Sidelnikov who has put on weight to simulate a Sumo fighter

If Fedor faces a Sumo guy, he will finally answer that question we've all been asking his entire career.

Sure, you're great, but can you beat a sumo guy?

If Fedor faces a Sumo guy, he will finally answer that question we've all been asking his entire career.

Sure, you're great, but can you beat a sumo guy?

Yeah, sumos have what...about a 1-10 record in MMA? Yarborough got one smothering submission. Other than that, they've been fat sitting ducks...even in the earliest UFCs.

Oh, I guess Baruto makes it 2-10.

Honestly, Fedor needs to fight guys that present some opposition to him(he got his warm up fight) which means they should have name value otherwise what is the point besides an easy pay day. Unfortunately maybe that is all he is looking for, I guess we'll know with his next fight.

Fedor needs to fight a legit opponent next imo. he had his warmup fight. it doesnt heave to be an elite HW but someone like King Mo would be a verry decent matchup. i would like a matchup against Kongo or Lashley aswell.

Fedor's people are asking for this sumo guy to fight.

If they are looking for another green type Fighter to fight, then they should go with Jermaine Mcdermott(2-0) from Bellator.

I've mentioned it in another thread, but I really wanted this out in the forefront to bring attention to it and get opinions from people.

There actually has been talk about this, but apparently the sumo option is in front of Jermaine as an option. Jermaine is actually a step up for Fedor and I actually think people would approve of this fight, after its over. Before,... People that don't know Jermaine, will think that he is just another 2-0 guy brought in to lose, but Jermaine is legit. He has the tools to be champ anywhere and this would be a tough fight for Fedor.

Here is the video of his last fight in Bellator:

Nah. Give Fedor Wanderlei like they've been talking about. It's not that legit of a fight but at least it's not Jaideep. Wanderlei is far past his prime and it's not his weight class but he's still semi-dangerous. Ask Cung Le, Bisping, and Stann. I honestly wouldn't put it past him to pull a Hendo and put Fedor's lights out. It's pretty unlikely but I'd give it like a 15% chance of happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back