If Derrick Lewis KOs Gane

Big fan of Derrick, but he is hard to rank all time. His wins and KO's sure put him in the conversation, but his fights sometimes consist of him getting outclassed until he catches the other fighter slipping and gets the KO. Definitely an anomaly

yes, that means he’s a great “fighter.” No one would ever accuse him of being an all-time great “martial artist.”

Fun fact: Lewis has more KO wins in the UFC than Gane has MMA fights.

He will be in firm control of most knockouts in UFC history. He is currently tied with Matt Brown at 12. An absolutely awesome feat

Where do you list Lewis on the top 10 HW of all time?

He holds some really good wins against the likes of Roy Nelson, Gabriel Gonzaga, Francis Ngannou, Marcin Tybura, Alexander Volkov, Ilir Litifi, Aleksei Oleinik, Curtis Blaydes, Travis Browne, Blagoy Ivanov...etc etc

He has to be top 10 of all time at this point? Regardless of his unorthodox style
WTF?
Top 10 all time???
Sorry, but that's a no.

He might be top 10 in terms of KO power, but come on now!! He's not a top 10 all time at HW. Not even close.

The worst thing abbot this match up with Gane is not just the significant difference in skill level when it comes to striking but Gane’s patience and not wanting to risk it when he doesn't have to.

That fighting “safe” is what makes this match up a wash for me and I like them both. I wouldn't be surprised if Gane just jabs and leg kicks him to a lopsided decision but I’m calling a TKO via body kick in the later rounds

Big fan of Derrick, but he is hard to rank all time. His wins and KO's sure put him in the conversation, but his fights sometimes consist of him getting outclassed until he catches the other fighter slipping and gets the KO. Definitely an anomaly
Then where would you rank Minotauro Nogueira? He has won in similar fashion multiple times.

Where do you list Lewis on the top 10 HW of all time?
Lewis' top ten wins (based on FightMatrix):

#7 Travis Browne
#2 Francis Ngannou
#4 Alexander Volkov
#3 Curtis Blaydes

Compared to all UFC/Pride Heavyweight champions, Lewis would rank at #12-14 with his amount of top ten wins.

If he really lets Gane lull him into a karate point fighting match for 5 rounds in his own hometown then none of his wins listed here even matter

how can he be top 10?

off the top of my head:
fedor
stipe
nog
DC
Werdum
cain
brock
randy
JDS
Francis
Mir

are all better than him in terms of achievement, not to mention all the other guys like reem, arlovski, cro cop, etc.

he's very underrated here by many people because of his attitude toward fighting, but you don't knock people out like that without being skilled. he's also got a ton of heart and toughness. i hope he knocks gane the fuck out.

If he’s top ten all time at hw mark hunt should be top three

Guys I'd put ahead of him in no particular order.

Stipe
Ngannou
DC
Cain
JDS
Werdum
Overeem
Arlovski
Hunt
Mir
Big Nog
Fedor
Lesnar
Barnett
Couture

Guys where he is arguably in line with:

Cro Cop
Sylvia
Carwin
Rothwell
Bigfoot
Kharitinov
Can’t take you serious when you don’t have Schaub on the list.

Rooting for Lewis to get the KO. Expect Gane to pepper jabs to a decision.

If Gane is any good he should cope. And he's not gonna dive for the td like Blaydes:confused:

Guys I'd put ahead of him in no particular order.

Stipe
Ngannou
DC
Cain
JDS
Werdum
Overeem
Arlovski
Hunt
Mir
Big Nog
Fedor
Lesnar
Barnett
Couture

Guys where he is arguably in line with:

Cro Cop
Sylvia
Carwin
Rothwell
Bigfoot
Kharitinov

love Derek but Sylvia and CroCop are top tier HWs all time. Derek getting absolutely embarrassed by DC kind of hurts his claim to top tier but I’d he wins his next two you can’t deny him.

Back