If Derrick Lewis KOs Gane

I could see BB catching Gane as he dips his head low, maybe late in the fight. I don’t think it’s completely crazy.

HW is where the gloves do the least amount of protection and really where anything can happen.

I mean, they wear the same 4oz glove as a FLW except out-weigh them by over a 100lbs.

The most likely outcome is a Gane point sparring decision, but it shouldn't shock anyone if Lewis lands a kill shot. I mean, how many times has he been losing fights right up until he puts some dude's lights out?

He wont get a lot of love because he is a fighter rather than a MMArtist.....he lacks techniques but he fights and fights til the end. I like him. Maybe its becuz I too have had burning hot balls.

He is great, he is the Tank of today.

He is nothing like Tank. Tank was an all action fighter, way more active and aggressive.

Derrick is a fun fighter in his own way, but can be frustrating to watch, almost pulling a Homer Simpson and just doing fuck all, getting schooled for 5 rounds, before landing a massive punch near the end.

The Hunt analogy is far more accurate.

that is a terrible comparison

Tank has less wins in his career than Lewis has KOs in the UFC

So? Record wins is not all that matters, Tank helped to build this sport, and to feed Just bleed god.

Where do I list Lewis in the HW top 10 of all time?

Somewhere around #347. Next question.

He is nothing like Tank. Tank was an all action fighter, way more active and aggressive.

Derrick is a fun fighter in his own way, but can be frustrating to watch, almost pulling a Homer Simpson and just doing fuck all, getting schooled for 5 rounds, before landing a massive punch near the end.

The Hunt analogy is far more accurate.

Tank was the first one, the street brawler against the black belt guys.

Is ELO everything? No. But it's a good reference in questions like this.

https://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-heavyweight/

Looking at the top 20 guys* in that list - ending with Arlovski - I have a hard time seeing Lewis breaking into that list.

*Sans Royce Gracie, of course.
I think if blackbeast wins two upsets, gane and ngannou he could move into the 20’s. Granted Coleman and kerr were before my time, but Derrick has a better record and is just the knockout version of these grinder wrestlers. DIRty but gets it done

He looks a lot better because he's fighting in a joke of a division

hope he knocks out that point fighter

There's no rational argument for Derrick Lewis being a top 10 HW GOAT. If he were to win the actual UFC title, then he'd be in the conversation. But Gane will likely outclass him, and make it look easy, thereby relegating this silly thread to the wasteland.

It's just nice to see a French prize-fighter who is not... you know... a bitch.

Everyone talks about how many KO's he has, which is impressive, but he's also just 2 fights behind Arlovski for most wins in UFC HW history and he's only been fighting since 2014.

I think Gane picks Lewis apart. When Lewis opens up, and over commits, Gane will take him down and submit him.

Back