If DC wins, instant rematch!

I hope not, I'd like to see Gus v Jones if Cormier wins, doubt that will happen though.

Renan Barao got six shades of shit beat out of him for 4 1/2 rounds THEN got finished...Instant Rematch.

I have to laugh at the people saying "Well it depends"...on what? Dana suddenly developing a hatred of money? If Jones loses, no matter how...Instant Rematch.

Renan Barao got six shades of shit beat out of him for 4 1/2 rounds THEN got finished...Instant Rematch.

I have to laugh at the people saying "Well it depends"...on what? Dana suddenly developing a hatred of money? If Jones loses, no matter how...Instant Rematch.

There is a major depth disparity between BW and LHW dude. Who made more sense for TJ to fight than Barao?

In thinking the UFC is about money over legit competition? What site do you think you're on son?

The two situations are dissimilar, there are plenty more examples of non-immediate rematches than the alternative.

Assuming JJ can still walk.

I'm not sure jones will want an instant rematch.

When Gus beat the hell out of him he wasn't in any hurry to fight him again.

DC is going to hurt Jon. There's a strong possibility of Jones tapping to strikes in this one.

I don't think Jones would take an instant rematch

Of course .

Dont doubt it in the least.

Another instant rematch? Sure, why not.

no-more-nodding-o.gif

it will happen and to be honest as much as I dislike Jones he and Aldo deserve rematches if they lose if they desire one .(also I like Aldo I don't want any one reading my post to think other wise )

Even if DC were to win all 5 rounds, Jones will get an instant rematch. This is how UFC books and it's ridiculous. If you are the challenger, you have to beat the champion twice to validate your win. If you lose the 2nd, the first was a fluke.

I can't be the only one who thinks this is horrible for both the fans and for business. Why would you instantly devalue your new champion and call him a fluke by forcing a rematch? You are essentially telling fans the first fight didn't count, the wrong guy won and that the money you spent on PPV to watch it was pointless because they are going to fight again.

It used to not be this way. GSP didn't get an immediate rematch against Serra, Liddell didn't get one against Jackson, etc.

Wouldn't everyone rather see DC vs. the winner of Gus/Rumble and Jones fight the loser of Gus/Rumble for #1 contender?

Instant rematches are always dumb in every situation. Let jone smash someone else to get a title shot.

Back