If DC takes the Lesnar fight at 235 then retires he neatly avoids Blaydes

You guys aren't going to be happy until he keeps fighting to the Chuck Liddell punched retarded point are you? He's set his legacy, he's going out on top with his legacy in tact. Why does he need to keep proving himself? If he stayed around and somehow beat Jones and Blaydes you guys would bitch that he's not sticking around to fight whatever name UFC is selling you at that point.

Bisping wanted to fight Hendo for 2 reasons

Hendo was past his prime and much easier than the other MW murderer's row
Bisping wanted to avenge his previous loss and that brutal GIF worthy KO

Not even close to the Ping fiasco

Lewis admitted that he wasn't ready for a TS and he obviously would have needed plenty of time off and a heavy camp to get ready for DC's gameplan.

Here's Blaydes in the meantime asking for the fight and DC and Dana can't see him?

Interesting...

Curtis was very green when he faced Ngannou and Francis got lucky with cutting him. I don't think too many people can be in doubt that Francis is going to get taken down and grapple dominated in Beijing. It's just a question of will he be finished or will he lose a heavy UD like against Stipe.

curtis-blaydes-ufc-fight-night-86.jpg

Personally I think Blaydes finishes him with gnp but either way Blaydes will then be 11-1-1 career, 6-1-1 UFC with 5 wins in a row and his right to the next TS will be undeniable. He already should have been ahead of Lewis in the queue.

We are talking about a top level wrestler who also has big power in his hands who is 12 years younger, 5 inches taller and has a 7.5" reach advantage over Cormier. Sure Cormier's whole career almost is against opponents with many or most of those physical advantages but Blaydes is 255lb, very physical and athletic and a very strong wrestler and Father Time is breathing down DC's neck.

I'm sure Daniel would be the favourite in that fight but Blaydes really has all the tools to spoil his gameplan and put him in danger. I don't doubt that Cormier will be happy to get Brock out of there in round one and retire as champ without ever taking that fight.

dc.jpg
shouldn't have been ahead of lewis. Lewis last 2 wins were way bigger the Curtis. not even debatable

With DC supposedly retiring after Lesnar fight....

- Lucky first round KO to win the title
- One defense against a guy who doesn't deserve to be there
- "money fight" against returning superstar

At least Bisping entertained me with the "concieve, believe, achieve shut the fuck up" stuff

<CanYouSeeMeNow><DCWhoa><DC-Champ><GSPWoah><28>

I was one of the guys who complained about lewis getting a shot...but, after you consider the guy was ranked #2 in the world and just beat the number 1 guy and before that beat ngannue, who just fought for the title...after you realize all that...he actually did deserve to fight...could stipe have gotten a rematch..sure, but he was ko'd in the 1st round. wasn't a competitive fight at all...

Wtf ????
Michael Bispings lead up winning streak to Luke fluke (8-1 underdog) was so un- impressive and then romero, Mousasi and jacare were all offered title shots only to have Bisping duck with different excuses for all 3 .... then agrees to fight 72 year old Henderson where he arguably lost. Then gets slept by a 170er 4 years off shelf and then gets obliterated by a short welterweight.
WHST FUCKING TITLE REIGN ?

Curtis was very green when he faced Ngannou and Francis got lucky with cutting him. I don't think too many people can be in doubt that Francis is going to get taken down and grapple dominated in Beijing. It's just a question of will he be finished or will he lose a heavy UD like against Stipe.

Personally I think Blaydes finishes him with gnp but either way Blaydes will then be 11-1-1 career, 6-1-1 UFC with 5 wins in a row and his right to the next TS will be undeniable. He already should have been ahead of Lewis in the queue.

We are talking about a top level wrestler who also has big power in his hands who is 12 years younger, 5 inches taller and has a 7.5" reach advantage over Cormier. Sure Cormier's whole career almost is against opponents with many or most of those physical advantages but Blaydes is 255lb, very physical and athletic and a very strong wrestler and Father Time is breathing down DC's neck.

I'm sure Daniel would be the favourite in that fight but Blaydes really has all the tools to spoil his gameplan and put him in danger. I don't doubt that Cormier will be happy to get Brock out of there in round one and retire as champ without ever taking that fight.

dc.jpg
Blaydes and Brock present very similar challenges for Cormier.

shouldn't have been ahead of lewis. Lewis last 2 wins were way bigger the Curtis. not even debatable

Lewis: L to Hunt, beat Tybura, Ngannou, Volkov
Blaydes : Omielancuk, Oleinik, Hunt, Overeem, 4 wins

Lewis lost to Hunt and his fights against Tybura, Ngannou and Volkov were straight dogsh*t. Blaydes looked great in all those wins, took out both strong grapplers and strikers.

And you are basing this on...

I wouldn't say its a foregone conclusion but Blaydes doesn't look great standing and if your path to victory involved outwrestling Cormier than it seems like a bad style matchup. His path to winning would probably to be depend on cardio.

Since when is blaydes a threat to DC?

He looked like shit against overeem

Dc would maul him and it wouldn't even be close

This is how it goes for old champions. They get to pick easy fights, make a lot of money, and hold the division up while we watch and convince ourselves that it's a good thing.

dc.jpg

U FOOL ... blade lucky he stop it or he would have got KOd 3rd rd Luis Enrique style uppercut that ref doctor saved blade career no cut his eye was smashed there would be no rematch if that let go on trust me boy

FRancis now has a real camp his only losses have been in VEGAS well he Been in France for 3 month now training in the depths of hard sparringa daily with K1 level trainings and dropping them like flies ... come November 24 this blade guy is fibished

Lewis: L to Hunt, beat Tybura, Ngannou, Volkov
Blaydes : Omielancuk, Oleinik, Hunt, Overeem, 4 wins

Lewis lost to Hunt and his fights against Tybura, Ngannou and Volkov were straight dogsh*t. Blaydes looked great in all those wins, took out both strong grapplers and strikers.
lewis last 2 wins were against guys coming off title fights.
Blaydes beat to over the hill old guys.
Impressive up and coming fighter and im sure hes going to get to the belt, but beating volkov coming off a title fight, and ngannou coming off a title fight, is bigger then beating hunt when you are a wrestler and beating reem in todays mma.
Im sure you get the point after laying it out though

Shit happens. When DC first said he was going to retire at 40 I don’t think Curtis was even in the UFC

What makes you say that? Is it how mark hunt had him chicken dancing half way across the octagon before he dry humped him to a boring decision?

Or how Ngannou used his head as a basketball throughout the entire fight? Why can't you idiots ever be happy. No matter how much Cormier achieves, he's always ducking someone. How can you be willing to fight the greatest fighter in the world twice, have him caught for steroids, still consider fighting him again, then be accused of ducking.

If Cormier doesn't fight Curtis Blaydes it's because he doesn't care. Because he's a boring fighter with a very slim chance of beating him and it will make him no money and do nothing for his legacy. Is that enough for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back