If DC beats P4P#1 Jones, where does that put him on the list? Considering....

Takamine86

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cormier has also looked dominant at HW. That would be 2 weight classes Cormier has shown dominance. When you talk P4P, there isn't a better way to prove it than actually show you can be dominant in multiple division. That is why Mayweather and Pacquiao get so much praise, as well as Anderson and Hendo. So where would that put DC on the P4P list if he were to take the belt from Jon?

You beat the #1, you are the #1.. otherwise wtf is the ranking nonsense?

top 5 IMO. But he wouldn't higher than #3, people like Aldo and DJ have been ruling their divisions for years.

It would not put DC at #1, but at least in the top 3. He would have to defend the belt and wreck the division.

My concern is that DC will win impressively, then falter afterward. He doesn't have enough gas left in the tank to be a GOAT for the next 5 years or so. But I will enjoy DC while he is here.

DC has come into the game a little late. I'm sure he's going to be a big threat for the next few years but by that time he'll also be 38. I can't see him breaking too many records [If he becomes Champion].

On my P4p list he doesn't exist, nor would he even if he wins.

He would be in the top 5. He hasn't "dominated" LHW by beating Jon. If he's gonna start jumping people he'd have to beat Jon again and then beat the Rumble/Gus winner. I think Gus is a really bad match up for him.

My rankings pending Jon loss
1. Aldo
2. Johnson
3. Weidman
4. Pettis
5. Cormier
6. Jones

The nature of the win would matter. I think Aldo gets shafted in the rankings and if Jones falters #1 would go to Aldo. Then maybe Cormier.

If he dominates him like he has everyone since emerging on the Strikeforce scene, he's top5 IMO and probably about 2 dominant defenses from #1 or #2. (Need to see a whee bit more of him in high-profile fights.)

People, including the voting media, still think P4P is an all-time ranking so DC will shoot up to the 4-6 range and they'll put Jones right below him.

well TJ beat the supposed number 1 Barao and he didn't even crack top 10

Back