If DC beats P4P#1 Jones, where does that put him on the list? Considering....

I thought P4P was measuring a mans skills overall in each catagorie of fighting.

As far as P4P goes DC doesn't even belong in the top 5.

Is he the best kicker? fuck no
Is he the best striker? fuck no
Is he the best at BJJ? fuck no?
Is he the best at wrestling? He only has a case there.

He's not the best at anything besides maybe wrestling, so how does that qualify him as a P4P best?

Besides that I'm confident Cain would negate his wrestling as he has in sparring and beat him up, so with that he would still have to be behind Cain. And that's when DC was a HW.

I also don't believe that beating the P4P best automatically makes you the P4P best lol Styles make fights, and even DC himself said he doesn't know how he would do against certain other fighters, but against Bones he feels it's an easy win because of Jon Jones style is easy to attack for him.

I thought P4P was measuring a mans skills overall in each catagorie of fighting.

As far as P4P goes DC doesn't even belong in the top 5.

Is he the best kicker? fuck no
Is he the best striker? fuck no
Is he the best at BJJ? fuck no?
Is he the best at wrestling? He only has a case there.

He's not the best at anything besides maybe wrestling, so how does that qualify him as a P4P best?

Besides that I'm confident Cain would negate his wrestling as he has in sparring and beat him up, so with that he would still have to be behind Cain. And that's when DC was a HW.

I also don't believe that beating the P4P best automatically makes you the P4P best lol Styles make fights, and even DC himself said he doesn't know how he would do against certain other fighters, but against Bones he feels it's an easy win because of Jon Jones style is easy to attack for him.

P4P is not a measure of a man's skills in each discipline. Its a comparison of how fighters would match up if they were the same weight. would aldo beat cain if he weighed 100 plus kg's. Anyone who is dominant in their division could be considered high in the p4p rankings.

It would not put DC at #1, but at least in the top 3. He would have to defend the belt and wreck the division.

My concern is that DC will win impressively, then falter afterward. He doesn't have enough gas left in the tank to be a GOAT for the next 5 years or so. But I will enjoy DC while he is here.

guys with no title defenses shouldnt be #3 P4P. His best win is bigfoot, not super impressed.

It puts him close to Conor McGregor territory.

He would be in the top 5. He hasn't "dominated" LHW by beating Jon. If he's gonna start jumping people he'd have to beat Jon again and then beat the Rumble/Gus winner. I think Gus is a really bad match up for him.

My rankings pending Jon loss
1. Aldo
2. Johnson
3. Weidman
4. Pettis
5. Cormier
6. Jones

This.

Beating Jones once doesn't top Weidman beating Anderson twice if anyone is even going to argue about beating a top p4p fighter and taking their spot. Which isn't how it works anyways.
you either have the fantasy same weight matchups... which are stupid because how can someone argue that Aldo's striking is better than Anderson's for example even if they were the same size. it would come down to opinion. Divisional dominance is the better P4P. or who has done the best in their respective division. beating the best fighter in that div is great, but cormier only has 2 other LHW wins. Aldo, Jones, Mighty Mouse are seen as the top p4p fighters for the same reason GSP and anderson were, longevity and clearing out their divisions.

Back